What is MapsGalaxy Toolbar?
MapsGalaxy Toolbar is a browser plugin which has been developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. The company is well known for creating applications for Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Some of the plugins that Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have reported in the past include Vacation Xplorer, TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar and Gaming Wonderland Toolbar. Even though all of these programs are quite beneficial if you are looking for specific information, you must recognize that they have been created to promote Ask Search tools as well. Luckily, the offer to change your home page and search provider settings is not mandatory and you can refuse the changes during the installation process. Unfortunately, IE and Firefox users are often careless when installing software, and so they eventually discover potentially unwanted programs installed onto their computers. Do you want to remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar?100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of MapsGalaxy Toolbar*
How does MapsGalaxy Toolbar act?
The official page representing the toolbar is mapsgalaxy.com, and here the browser plugin is presented as a tool which can help you ‘go anywhere with your free maps and directions’. What does the toolbar offer? If you install it onto the browsers you are exposed to easy-access links to Map Search, Map Links (e.g. Satellite Maps or NASA Maps), Traffic news, Yellow Pages, Facebook, online Radio and Ask search. Without a doubt, you may forget about these supposedly useful services if your browser settings have been modified and you are not happy about it. If you paid no attention to the information presented on the installation setup, it is likely that your home page has been changed to home.tb.ask.com and the search provider has been switched to Ask Web Search (search.tb.ask.com).
The Ask search home page does not look unreliable. In fact, many users are likely to trust the suspicious search engine because it provides links to Gmail, Yahoo mail, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. Despite this, the search engine provides advertisement-supported search results which often cannot provide you with information related to your search queries. Do you want to replace Ask Search tools and delete MapsGalaxy Toolbar? These tasks are not that complicated.
How to remove MapsGalaxy Toolbar?
There are thousands of computer users who wish to delete MapsGalaxy Toolbar. Even if you are not one of them, we still recommend that you delete Ask search tools. The removal of these browser programs can be performed manually, and all you have to do is follow the instructions presented below.
Step 1: remove the toolbar
Remove from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu, select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the undesirable application and then select Remove.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Click Start (on the Task Bar), select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI start screen, right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Click Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Locate the toolbar you want to delete, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Step 2: replace the search tools
- Launch the browser, navigate to the top-right corner and locate the icon on the search box.
- Click the icon to open the menu and select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the URL under Home Page and click OK.
- Open IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers from the menu on the left.
- Click the undesirable search provider, select Remove and hit Close.
- Open the Tools menu (Alt+T) again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite the Home Page URL and click OK.
What is the security state of your personal Windows system? Is it guarded by reliable malware detection and removal software? If it is not we recommend that you immediately install authentic security tools to ensure that you virtual security cannot be breached by schemers. We recommend utilizing SpyHunter, a reliable spyware remover which will ensure that potentially unwanted and dangerous programs are deleted from the PC.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of MapsGalaxy Toolbar*