What is TotalRecipeSearch toolbar?
TotalRecipeSearch toolbar is a browser plugin which has been developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. The toolbar has been created to provide you with easy access links to various websites specializing in home cooking and recipes. In the official page (totalrecipesearch.com) of this Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox plugin it is stated that the tool can help you access free recipes gathered from cooking shows, websites, magazines or cookbooks. If you are passionate about home cooking you may think that this is exactly the program you should install onto your operating Windows system. While the plugin may be completely harmless, you need to be aware that it could lead you to unreliable sources. What is more, it could convince you to install unreliable third-party search tools. Please continue reading to learn if and how you should delete TotalRecipeSearch toolbar and related software.
How does TotalRecipeSearch toolbar work?
As soon as you land on the official website of the TotalRecipeSearch toolbar and click the represented ‘FREE Download’ button, you are prompted with an installation setup. It is essential that you pay close attention to the presented offers; otherwise, you will discover that the home page and the search provider of your web browsers have been changed to Ask Search tools. This is what we have discovered while researching Gaming Wonderland Toolbar, Daily Bible Guide, DictionaryBoss Toolbar and other Mindspark browser plugins as well. Of course, you are informed about the changes, which is why we can guarantee that the toolbar and Ask search tools do not act as a browser hijacker.
If you do not want to make Ask.com as your home page or the default search engine you need to un-check the boxes presented within the installation setup. Needless to say, if you have missed this opportunity, you can delete the undesirable search tools manually. Overall, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers recommend thinking about TotalRecipeSearch toolbar removal because this application employs BHO (browser helper objects) to collect information about your virtual activity. Even though in some cases the information collected by these tools could remain guarded, in other cases it could be shared with mischievous parties. Even if Mindspark has your best interests, you need to beware of schemers who can utilize various tricks.
How to remove TotalRecipeSearch toolbar?
We strongly recommend that you delete TotalRecipeSearch toolbar; however, if you wish to keep the plugin running you should at least think about getting rid of unreliable search tools. Note that search.tb.ask.com presents advertisement supported search results, and there are many search tools which are much more reliable and useful. So, how should you delete the undesirable programs? We present you with the manual removal instructions; however, you must be aware that this is only the first step to ensuring that your browsers are running securely and that your PC is guarded against schemers.
Delete TotalRecipeSearch toolbar
Delete from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu located on the left of the Task Bar.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable program.
- Select Uninstall to remove it from the computer.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Click Start located on the Task Bar.
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove undesirable search tools
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and move to Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the URL and then click OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox, go to the Search box, click the icon and select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options from the appeared menu.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Please post a comment below if you have any other questions regarding TotalRecipeSearch toolbar removal.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of TotalRecipeSearch toolbar*