What is Qone8.com?
Even if Qone8.com appears as a legitimate and reliable search engine, you definitely should not trust it once your browsing sessions are interrupted by unauthorized rerouting attacks. In the About Us section of the search engine it is disclaimed that all of the searches are powered through Google. Nonetheless, it is not the search results that you need to be cautious about once the devious browser hijacker takes over your personal computer. According to the researchers at Anti-Spyware-101.com, the seemingly authentic search engine has been employed as a browser hijacker because of its abilities to track your virtual activities and present you with third-party content. Please continue reading to learn why you should delete Qone8.com and what removal strategies you should employ.
Why should you remove Qone8.com?
The suspicious Qone8.com has been developed by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Limited, and all of the searches performed through it route you to google.com searches. However, right now you should focus on the Privacy statements which you can find by clicking on the appropriate links displayed on the search engine. Here are a few excerpts:
qone8.com uses the identifiable business and business professional information that we collect to operate our website, to offer a variety of business information products and services […]
We occasionally provide third party content or link to third party websites on the Services.
Even though many authentic websites utilize the services of third-parties, they certainly cannot take over your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or other browsers and modify the settings. If you have discovered that your home page or search engine have been changed to Qone8.com without your consent, there is no doubt that you should not trust the search engine altogether. The only thing you should do is get the browser hijacker removed.
How to delete Qone8.com?
Since a browser hijacker is not a simple browser plugin, you should utilize automatic spyware removal software to delete the infection. Note that if you choose to install an illegitimate security tool, you could face even more virtual security risks. Therefore, we recommend installing an authentic application like SpyHunter. Once the tool deletes Qone8.com hijacker, follow the instructions below.
How to remove search engine/home page?
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Disable the undesirable option. Click Close.
- One more tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, go to Home Page, remove/change the URL and click OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Move to the top-right corner of the page and click the icon on the left of the search box.
- Select Manage search engines.
- Select the unwanted provider, click the Remove button and then hit OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Go to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the provided URL and click OK.
- Go to Search, click the drop-down menu and select a new search provider.
- Click Manage search engines and remove (X) the unwanted provider. Click OK.
In order to keep your operating Windows system and browsers guarded against all malicious computer infections, make sure to guard your PC with reliable security software.
tested removal of Qone8.com *100% FREE spyware scan and