What is MIXI.DJ Toolbar?
MIXI.DJ Toolbar is a browser add-on which you have to remove from the PC if you want to get desired search results while using the browser. This toolbar can be installed alongside your free programs which are very likely to have been downloaded from insecure websites. Anti-Spyware-101.com team has tried to test this toolbar on different browsers and found out that Mixi.DJ Toolbar is compatible which such browsers for Windows as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The removal instructions are presented below but keep in mind that a system scan using SpyHunter is recommended to make sure that no new threats are downloaded to the system. Moreover, the scanner is free of charge, so you can download it right now.
What does MIXI.DJ Toolbar do?
If you install the toolbar or any other blindly, you may miss important check boxes which should not be checked so as not to have some additional programs installed. In the case of Mixi.DJ, we have noticed that it can be bundled with TuneUp Utilitied 2013. The heading of the installation window indicates that you are running the installer of Mixi.DJ and if you do not read what is written below, you can easily miss a chance to opt TuneUp out.
Additionally, when installing MIXI.DJ Toolbar, you have no choice but to allow the toolbar to change your home page and search provider. Do not get surprised if you receive unexpected advertisements because this toolbar can generate them, too:
Send me info from the toolbar and apps (can be disabled later).
Your home page will be changed to search.conduit.com, and instead of the Google logo or any other page you will see a MIXI.DJ logo with a search box and a Search button. The toolbar allows you to listen to music and directly access such websites as Facebook, Twitter and others. It is also said that in order to listen to your favorite music online you will have to connect to the Internet. If you think that MIXI.DJ is not dangerous, bear in mind that your search results are provided by search.conduit.com which has acquired a bad reputation. You may be directed to undesired websites and provided with advertisements whose contents should not be trusted.
How to remove MIXI.DJ Toolbar?
Want to remove MIXI.DJ Toolbar right now? You can do it with the help of our guidelines which will help you erase the unwanted add-on from your Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. When you are done with the removal, scan the PC with a free scanner available below. If some harmful processes or files are present in the system, the scanner will easily identify them.
Remove MIXI.DJ Toolbar
- Open the browser and press Ctrl+Shift+A to open Add-ons Manager.
- Click on Extensions and remove Mixi.DJ.
- Click on the Firefox icon and go to Help – > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Reset Firefox.
- On a new dialog box, click on Reset Firefox and then Finish.
- In order to change your home page, click on the Firefox icon, go to Options – > Options. Open the General tab and set your new home page. Press OK to confirm.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold the Alt key and press F.
- Go to Tools – > Extensions.
- To remove Mixi.DJ from your Extensions list, click on the bin icon.
- To change the browser settings, click on Settings.
- Find On startup and click on Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click on Set pages and remove search.conduit.com.
- In the box given, add a new page and press OK.
- In the Appearance, click on change to modify your home page.
- Delete search.conduit.com from the Open this page box and type in a new page. Press OK to save the change.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engine.
- Set a new search engine by moving the mouse over a particular page and click on Make default. Press OK.
- Open the browser.
- Pres Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click on Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the unwanted add-on.
- Click on Search Providers and remove search.conduit.com.
- Press Alt+T and go to Internet Options.
- In the General Tab, change the home page and press OK.
tested removal of MIXI.DJ Toolbar*