What is IsoBuster?
IsoBuster is a browser extension by Conduit Ltd. that makes use of legitimate software title. The original IsoBuster is recovery software that helps users to recover CD, DVD, Blue Ray disks, as well as data from hard drives and other data storages. IsoBuster toolbar makes use of the original IsoBuster’s logo and makes it seem as though the program is related to the browser extension as well. But that is very unlikely, and you should remove IsoBuster extension from your computer if you did not have any intension to install it.
Where does IsoBuster come from?
The problem is that users often install IsoBuster onto their computers themselves, and then they say that the extension is a browser hijacker that changed their home pages to search.conduit.com and what not. That is not exactly true. The Conduit IsoBuster does prompt you about the oncoming installation, just like Appbario Toolbar, Findr Toolbar and similar add-ons from the same group. It also asks whether you want to install TuneUp Utilities 2013 – a free computer optimization program.
Needless to say, that you should avoid installing the optimization application, because it does not perform its tasks properly. Also, isobuster.ourtoolbar.com is not the only website where you can download the toolbar at. IsoBuster extension frequently comes bundled with freeware that is downloaded from unofficial websites. That is why, the risk of getting infected with dangerous malware via IsoBuster toolbar remains.
What does IsoBuster do?
If you install the full version of this extension, your home page will be changed to search.conduit.com and your default search engine will be set to IsoBuster Customized Web Search. There will also be a toolbar added to your browser, which is compatible with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox browsers. The toolbar does not pose serious security threats, but it could be exploited by malicious third parties to distributed malware indirectly, and that is the main reason why you should remove this extension from your PC.
How to remove IsoBuster?
You need to remove IsoBuster via Control Panel and then restore your browser settings manually. Follow the instructions below to get rid of the add-on.
Manual IsoBuster Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove IsoBuster toolbar with Search Protect conduit.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove IsoBuster toolbar with Search Protect conduit.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall IsoBuster toolbar with Search Protect conduit.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Change your home page under General tab and press OK.
- Pres Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search Providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove IsoBuster Customized Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab change your home page address and press OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of the search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from drop-down menu.
- Remove IsoBuster Customized Web Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove IsoBuster toolbar from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your home page address and press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove IsoBuster Customized Web Search from the list and click Done.
In order to be sure that you have removed all the potentially dangerous files from your computer, run a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner. Invest in a computer security application if you must, but do all it takes to protect your system from dangerous infections.
tested removal of IsoBuster*100% FREE spyware scan and