What is Flipora Hijacker?
Flipora Hijacker is a browser helper object that is directly related to Flipora feedshare website at feedshare.flipora.com that provides you with the latest feeds from various social networking websites. Flipora is connected to Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter and other similar websites that has a constant feed of various posts on almost any topic imaginable. The official website at flipora.com says that Flipora is an ultimate tailored newsfeed that displays socials, news and entertainment feeds. However, there is also a possibility, that Flipora may leak your personal information especially considering the fact that you need to register to the site with your Facebook credentials. You are highly advised to remove Flipora Hijacker from your PC, to avoid the risk of data theft of malware infection.
Where does Flipora Hijacker come from?
Although it might seem as though Flipora Hijacker enters your system surreptitiously, that is not true. Users install the application themselves when they enter flipora.com. In fact, it is impossible to install the browser add-on unless you login to the website. And once the add-on gets installed on either of the main browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome), Flipora asks you whether you want to change your home page and default search engine to static.flipora.com/web_search.html. Thus, the moment you click Yes, Flipora Hijacker changes your default browser settings. However, that does not happen behind your back.
What does Flipora Hijacker do?
Flipora Hijacker provides customized Google search engine as your home page, and if you click the newly installed Flipora icon on your browser, you will be redirected to feedshare.flipora.com, where you will be displayed a feed list from social networking websites, as well as a list of likes of your friends and other people who may have interests similar to yours. It is rather curious as to how Flipora Hijacker manages to find all these people at once, even if you have just registered. Facebook registration may reveal your likes and preferences, but email registration should not.
How to remove Flipora Hijacker?
Although uninstall instructions present at flipora.com allow us to presuppose that Flipora is a legitimate tool, there are certain aspects of personal information security, that imply we would be better off without the plugin. To remove Flipora Hijacker from your browser, follow the instructions below.
How to restore default browser settings
For Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Remove Flipora from Toolbars and Extensions. Select Search providers on the left pane.
- Select another search engine as your default one, and remove Google + Flip.
- Press Alt+X once more and click Internet Options.
- Remove static.flipora.com from home page section under General tab.
- Type in a home page address you prefer and click OK. Restart your browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A for Add-ons Manager to open.
- Remove Flipora from Extensions. Close the tab.
- Click search engine icon at search box (top right corner of Firefox window).
- Choose Manage Search Engines and remove Google + Flip. Press OK.
- Click Firefox button and go to Options.
- Under General tab, remove static.flipora.com from home page section.
- Enter a new home page address and click OK. Restart the browser.
For Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and select Tools. Click Extensions.
- Remove Flipora and select Settings on the left.
- Choose Open a page or a set of pages under On Startup. Select Set pages.
- Remove Flipora home page from the list and enter a new home page address. Click OK.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines.
- Choose another search engine as your default one, and remove Google + Flip.
- Click Done and restart your browser.
Do not hesitate to perform a full PC scan with SpyHunter scanner to check whether your system is absolutely safe. Flipora Hijacker's feed comes with a list of advertisements that could be easily responsible for infecting you with malware.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Flipora Hijacker*