What is Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus?
Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus is a ransomware infection which is installed on your PC without your consent. The threat disables your access to the system and displays a bogus message claiming that you are being monitored by the Metropolitan Police using a program developed by Police Central e-crime Unit. In order to unlock the PC, you are asked to pay a release fee which has to be transferred via Ukash.
Why should I remove Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus?
Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus belongs to the virus grouped called Ukash. All the viruses attributed to the so-called virus family lock computer systems down and generate a misleading message. Malta Police Force virus, Calculatorul Dvs Este Blocat Virus, and Federal Department of Justice and Police Virus are just a part of the infections known to malware researchers. Their only goal is to lure you into giving your money up, which is done by applying different misleading statements pushing you to pay the charge as soon as possible:
This fine may only be paid within 48 hours, if you let 48 hours pass without payment, the possibility of unlocking your computer expires.
In this case a criminal case against you will be initiated automatically.
Do not be afraid of removing the virus because it is enough to use the powerful spyware removal tool SpyHunter. You will not lose your personal data even though it is said that you should not do try to remove the message manually:
Attention! All data on your hard drive is encrypted. To avoid data loss do not try to restore, reinstall your Operating System or unlock it manually.
If you remove Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus, your personal data will not be tampered with, so do not wait and act now to remove the virus.
How to remove Metropolitan Police Total Policing Virus?
The easiest way to delete the infection is to use SpyHunter. This malware removal program runs an in-depth system scan and removes all the components of system infections. Jump to the instructions below to learn how to install the malware removal tool in order to delete the obnoxious infections.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Restart the computer and once the BIOS screen disappears, start tapping the F8.
2. Using the arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
3. Go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
4. Run the installer.
5. Launch a system scan.
1. Reboot the computer.
2. Once the BIOS screen disappears, tap F8 on your keyboard.
3. Use your arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
4. Click on Yes on a dialog box.
5. Go to the Start menu and launch Run.
6. In the Open box, and type in “msconfig” and press OK.
7. Open the Startup tab and click on Disable All.
8. Click on Apply.
9. Close the window and download SpyHunter.
10. Reboot the computer.
11. Run the installer and scan the PC to have the virus detected and removed.