What is ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus?
If you are not careful, the malicious ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus, or ICE Virus, will take over your personal operating Windows system without any troubles. The malicious infection actually is the infamous Reveton Trojan; however, this particular threat has multiple different interfaces which are targeted at different countries. Needless to say, this version is targeted at those Windows users who live in the United States, as the U.S. flag is presented on top of the bogus, screen-locking notification. Overall, if you have noticed that access to the system has been removed and that you are presented with some notification allegedly forwarded by national authorities, you need to act extremely cautiously. Please continue reading to learn more about ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus removal.
The way ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus acts
The malicious ransomware is also known as the Homeland Security Virus because it is presented with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security credentials. This trick is applied to fool you into believing the provided information regarding your online activities. Actually the alert is fictional and has nothing to do with your actual online actions. Therefore, you should not believe any of the accusations:
The ICE Cyber Crime Center
Your computer has been blocked
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of unauthorized cyber activity.
Possible violations are described below:
Article -174. Copyright
Imprisonment for the term of up to 2-5 years
(The use or sharing of copyrighted files). A fine from 18,000 up to 23,000 USD
Article - 183. Pornography
Imprisonment for the term of up to 2-3 years
(The use of distribution of pornographic files). A fine from 18,000 up to 25,000 USD
Article - 184. Pornography involving children (under 18 years)
Imprisonment for the term of up to 10-15 years
(The use or distribution of pornographic files). A fine from 20,000 up to 40,000 USD
Article - 104. Promoting Terrorism
Imprisonment for the term of up to 25 years without appeal
(Visiting the websites of terrorist groups). A fine from 35,000 up to 45,000 USD
Article - 68. The distribution of virus programs
Imprisonment for the term of up to 2 years
(The development or distribution of virus programs, which have caused harm to other computers). A fine from 15,000 to 28,000 USD
To unlock your computer and to avoid other legal consequences you are obligated to pay a release fee of $300 USD.
An attempt to unlock this computer by yourself will lead to the full formatting of the operating system. All the files, videos, photos, documents on your computer will be deleted.
The accusations are bogus just like the presented fine which you allegedly need to pay through MoneyPak. Whether your PC has been infected with the ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus or any of the recent threats (Arestocrat Virus or United States Courts Virus), you need to rush with the necessary removal tasks. What would happen if you paid the fine? It is likely that your PC would remain locked? And what would happen if you postponed spyware removal for any longer? More clandestine threats could be dropped onto the PC.
How to remove ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus?
To remove the paralyzing computer infection you either need to find and delete all of the malicious files manually or you need to install automatic spyware removal software which could perform the task for you. Of course, it is not so easy to install reliable security tools, like SpyHunter, once your PC becomes locked. Therefore, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have prepared these easy-to-follow instructions.
Ransomware Removal Instructions
Remove from Windows 8:
- Launch a browser from the Metro UI start screen.
- Type http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph into the address bar and tap Enter.
- Download the automatic spyware removal tool.
- Install the application and have all malicious programs deleted.
Remove from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Restart the personal computer.
- As soon as BIOS loads up – start tapping F8.
- Use arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Tap Enter.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Install the application, scan the system and delete spyware.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Restart the PC and wait for BIOS screen to disappear.
- Immediately start tapping F8.
- From the Windows Advanced Options menu select Safe Mode with Networking. Use arrow keys to navigate and tap Enter to confirm the selection.
- Click YES on the Desktop alert.
- Open the Start menu.
- Launch RUN, enter msconfig and click OK.
- Now click the Startup tab and select Disable All. Click OK.
- Download the reliable spyware remover from http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/spyhunter .
- Normally restart the computer.
- Install the application to delete running infections.
tested removal of ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus*100% FREE spyware scan and