What is Computer Locked - Police Virus?
Computer Locked - Police Virus is a generic term for ransomware infections that lock down users' computers and then demand a ransom fee. It takes around 3 seconds for the Computer Locked - Police Virus to block your desktop and then present you with a fake security notification. The message that you see on your screen usually claims that you have committed crimes by infringing copyright laws, downloading and storing child pornography and, for example, promoting terrorism. The content of the message varies according to the version of the infection, but the bottom line is that the notification displayed is false.
Where does Computer Locked - Police Virus come from?
Computer Locked - Police Virus is a part of Ukash Virus group family. There is more than 100 different versions of this ransomware infection. The malware is being distributed by Trojan downloaders and other malicious infections. Most often Trojan Reveton is responsible for infecting you with Computer Locked - Police Virus and other similar ransomware such as Federal Computer Crime Unit Virus, Guardia di Finanza virus, FBI Moneypak and so on. Apart from Trojan infections, Ukash Viruses (including Computer Locked - Police Virus) can exploit outdated Java and Flash plug-ins on your browser when you land on an infected website.
How to remove Computer Locked - Police Virus?
First of all, do not pay the ransom fee, because it will not unlock your computer and your money will be wasted. You have to understand that Computer Locked - Police Virus is not related to any law enforcement authority and it only wants your money. Hence, you have to remove Computer Locked - Police Virus from your computer right now. Install SpyHunter to terminate this ransomware infection and protect your computer from similar threats. Follow the instructions below to bypass Computer Locked - Police Virus's defense:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart your computer.
- After BIOS loads tap F8 repeatedly until Advanced Boot Options menu appears (if Windows logo shows up, restart the computer and try again).
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go here http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and remove Computer Locked - Police Virus.
- Follow the steps above from 1 to 3.
- Click Yes when a confirmation table appears.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start menu and click Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into the blank space and hit Enter.
- Click Startup tab on the System Configuration Utility.
- Uncheck all programs on the startup list and click OK to save changes. Exit the menu.
- Restart the computer in Normal mode.
- Install SpyHunter and erase the malware.
Leave a comment below if you have any question regarding the ransomware removal.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Computer Locked - Police Virus*