What is Cltmng.exe?
Cltmng.exe is a part of any browser plugin developed by Conduit Ltd. This file is responsible for changing your browser’s home page to search.conduit.com. It is easy to see whether you have this file or not, because it has its own process and you can locate it on the running processes list when you open Windows Task Manager. If you have this file, it means you have any of the Conduit browser plugins installed on your PC as well. Although sometimes Cltmng.exe is considered to be a browser hijacker component, the truth is that users often allow the Conduit plugin to be installed and their home page to be changed themselves.
Where does Cltmng.exe come from?
This component can come with any browser plugin from the Conduit family, including Freecorder Toolbar, Conduit Search Toolbar, Iminent Community Toolbar and others. Usually, when you install any of the Conduit product, you are asked whether you want your home page changed or not, but users often skip this part of the installation and thus their home pages get changed to search.conduit.com. And this is where Cltmng.exe step in.
What does Cltmng.exe do?
Since Cltmng.exe belongs to potentially unwanted applications, it is also a potentially dangerous files that your system is better off without. This file makes sure that search.conduit.com remains your home page no matter how many other competing plugins user installs. Also, it may slow down your browser which interferes with the browsing process, and there will be commercial pop-up ads being displayed when you browse the internet. Not to mention that you could be redirected to search.conduit.com without your permission.
How to remove Cltmng.exe?
In order to remove this component you need to remove the Conduit browser plugin responsible for the installation of this file.
How to remove Conduit plugin from my PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove unwanted program.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove unwanted program.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall undesirable program.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet Options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and press Reset.
- When the reset is complete click Close and OK.
- Press Firefox button and go to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox again and when the reset is complete press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove unwanted plugins.
- Press Settings on the left.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your startup page and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines and set a new default search engine.
- Delete Search.conduit.com and click Done.
Afterwards, run a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner and make sure that no other unwanted programs are present in your system.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Cltmng.exe*