What is Conduit Search?
Conduit Search is the name of a search engine which is well-known for malware research as a lot of computer users complain that the home page of their browsers is changed to search.conduit.com. There is a public opinion that Conduit Search is a browser hijacker because the majority of computer users that are not satisfied with the changes made on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox think that their computers are infected and want to remove the threat. The truth is that in the majority of the cases, users install Conduit Search voluntarily. They launch the installer of a bundled download and agree to have their browsers altered. This ends up in the changes of the home page and search provider. If you are one of those who have acquired Conduit Search accidentally and do not know how to remove it, here you will find the answer.
What does Conduit Search do?
Once you agree to have your default search provider and search engine changed to search.conduit.com, you will find that the search results differ from the ones you have been provided by Google or any other reliable search engine. The hit relevant to you search query will also include some advertisements. They are displayed above and below the major links and distinguished as ads. Our Anti-Spyware-101.com team recommends that you do not click the advertisements in order to minimize the risk of getting the computer infected on corrupted websites.
It has been found that there is a great range of free applications, including browser add-ons, which promote Conduit Search. A lot of those applications are available on ourtoolbar.com. For example, Conduit Search or search.conduit.com is promoted by FaceSmooch Toolbar, vGrabber, Iminent Community Toolbar, Mixi.DJ Toolbar, and many others. If the settings have been changed by a toolbar, it is advisable to remove it, too as it may monitor your browsing habits. For example, it can record how long you spend on websites, what advertisements you click and so on.
How to remove Conduit Search?
In order to remove Conduit Search, you need to uninstall the toolbar that promotes it and restore the settings of the browsers, which means that you will also have to remove the add-on from the browser and change the home page and the search provider. If you do not carry out these procedures manually, install SpyHunter so that everything is done for you automatically. More important, the system will be protected against malware attacks.
Conduit Search Removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Star menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted toolbar or program.
- Open the Start menu and Click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Double-click the program that you want to remove.
- Press and hold down the Windows key and press R.
- Type control panel.
- Click OK.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the program you want to remove.
Remove Conduit Search from the browsers
- Pres Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Select the check box given in a new window and click Reset.
- To end the procedure, click Close.
- Press Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox - > Reset Firefox - > Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click Settings.
- In the On Startup section, click Set pages and change the startup page.
- In the Search Section, click Manage search engine and change the search provider.
Having completed the manual removal, install our recommend free scanner to make sure that you can use the system and browse the Internet safely.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Conduit Search*
Remove these Conduit Search Files:
Remove these Conduit Search Registry Entries: