What is Websearch.pu-results.info?
Have you noticed that your homepage is different even though you can swear that you have not changed it? It might be that you have websearch.pu-results.info onto your system. This program is classified as a browser hijacker because it changes the homepage and your default search engine without your actual permission. This program belongs to the Search-NewTab software family and works very similarly as websearch.searchsunmy.info, websearch.searchguru.info, and websearch.oversearch.info, which is why you have to avoid all of them. All these applications might lead you to potential threats, which is why we recommend that you remove them if you notice their existence.
How does websearch.pu-results.info work?
Websearch.pu-results.info does not even allow you to use your preferred homepage address, but also might cause harm to the security of your computer through various advertisements that it displays. It is the main reason why we recommend erasing it from your system. Once it gets onto the system, it is impossible to not to notice various annoying advertisements that appear in the middle of websearch.pu-results.info webpage and which change according to the place you live. You should definitely not rely on these advertisements even though they might not look suspicious at first. The specialists of anti-spyware-101.com suggest that you should not click on those eye-catching advertisements produced by websearch.pu-results.info because you might be redirected to the websites whose content is unknown or even harmful.
As it is a very annoying program, you probably think how it got onto your computer. Actually, websearch.pu-results.info is often installed without computer users even noticing it because it usually comes attached in a bundle together with other programs. You should be very careful when installing software downloaded from the internet because there is a possibility that it will be installed together with a bunch of unnecessary programs. Of course, the situation is not so desperate; we advise that you always select advanced installation and then choose what programs to install and what should be left behind.
How to delete websearch.pu-results.info?
If you want to remove websearch.pu-results.info, it is very probable that you have understood that it has more drawbacks than benefits. You can erase this browser hijacker manually (see below for the instructions) or you can acquire an authentic antimalware tool which will delete all the existing threats for you.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers which you can find on the left.
- Select a new search provider and click the Set as default button.
- Click on the unwanted search engine and click the Remove button.
- Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and then select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, type in a new homepage address and click OK.
- Launch your browser and find the search provider icon at the upper-right part.
- Click the search provider icon and select a new engine.
- Select the search engine icon again and go to Manage Search Engines…
- Click on the undesirable search provider and click OK.
- Press Alt+T again and then select Options.
- Select the General tab and then enter a new URL of your homepage. Click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Go to Settings.
- In the section On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and remove the URL of an undesirable website.
- Remove or change this URL and click OK.
- In the section Appearance, mark Show Home button.
- Enter a new URL and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines… under the Search and then select a new search engine.
- Find the unwanted search engine from the list and click X.
If you have chosen to remove websearch.pu-results.info manually, please scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool like SpyHunter to find out whether there are no other threats. Download a free scanner by clicking on the button below.
tested removal of Websearch.pu-results.info*100% FREE spyware scan and