What is Video Download Converter Toolbar?
Video Download Converter Toolbar is a highly suspicious browser plugin which has been reported to act as a dangerous browser hijacker. Without a doubt at times the application could truly be malignant and dangerous; however, is most cases it simply is an irritating and useless browser plugin. It is not that difficult to tell malignant and harmless programs apart. If you have accepted the offer to change the home page and default browser settings – the application is not dangerous. On the other hand, if you have discovered the changes and you are 100% sure that they have been initiated illegally – you have to scan the PC and remove malicious applications corrupting the system. If you do not remove Video Download Converter Toolbar hijacker now, you may face much more clandestine and devious spyware soon enough.
Is Video Download Converter Toolbar a hijacker?
Many Windows users rush to call completely harmless applications malicious. Why is this so? According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, Video Download Converter Toolbar may come bundled with various seemingly reliable programs, for example the DivX Player. If you are not careful with the installation process, you could consent the browser modifications without even realizing it. Of course, this means that the browser setting changes have been initiated because of your carelessness and not because of a supposedly malicious browser hijacker. Regardless, in some cases the toolbar could be corrupted and utilized as a browser hijacker which could change the home page to home.tb.ask.com or the search provider to search.tb.ask.com. Henceforth, it would be unfair to state whether Video Download Converter Toolbar is malicious or not, whether it should be removed or not. It all depends on a specific case.
How to remove Video Download Converter Toolbar?
If you want to delete Video Download Converter Toolbar hijacker – employ automatic spyware detection and removal tools (e.g. SpyHunter) to have it deleted. Without a doubt, only reliable tools will also ensure that your operating Windows system and web browsers are guarded against schemers and spyware in the future. If you have discovered that the toolbar is relatively harmless, you may try to delete it manually. Here are the manual removal steps which will help you achieve success.
Delete the undesirable toolbar
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox, then click Reset once more to confirm the choice and complete the task with Finish.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Locate the default URL and change/remove it. Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Repeat step 3 to remove the undesirable home button option.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Click X located on the URL of the undesirable search provider and then click OK.
- From the menu on the left select Settings.
- Locate the unwanted plugin, click the trash icon and then select Remove.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions and Disable the undesirable plugins.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the unwanted options. Click Close.
- Once again tap Alt+T, select Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Have you deleted Video Download Converter Toolbar hijacker manually? Are you sure the infection has been removed successfully? It is important that you scan your personal system with an authentic spyware scanner to check for remnant computer infections. They could cause serious problems, which is why getting them removed timely is exceptionally important.
tested removal of Video Download Converter Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and