What is Swagbucks Toolbar?
Swagbucks Toolbar is a browser add-on promoted by swagbuck.com which is the property of Prodege LLC. According to the website, the user has to register in order to earn Swag Bucks which can be exchanged to prizes such as gift cards, electronics and many more. The toolbar can be downloaded from the official website or alongside free applications. We recommend you remove Swagbucks Toolbar, especially if it has changed your home page and search provider as very often the search engine swagbucks.com does not find any relevant search results.
What does Swagbucks Toolbar do?
Swagbucks Toolbar, unlike other browser extensions, contains its links in a drop-down menu which appears when the user clicks Search & Win. Other features of the toolbar are a search box, a phrase which reads “Want to Earn Rewards While Searching the Web?”, and two buttons “Log in” and “Register”. As to the drop-menu, the user can access weather forecasts, a dictionary, and some other websites.
If you have selected the options provided while installing the toolbar, you must have agreed to change your home page and search provider. As a result, instead of your startup page, you see swagbucks.com. In order to browse the Internet, you have to either use the search box on the toolbar or the search box of the browser. In either case, the search results will be provided by Swag Bucks.
The reason why we recommend you remove Swagbucks Toolbar is that its search engine is incapable of providing links when browsing in particular locations. Here is what you may find when you enter the key word:
Oops, we currently don’t support searches from your location.
Additionally, you should keep in mind that alongside Swagbucks Toolbar, some other third-party application can be installed. Below you will find what is presented at the bottom of the first window of the installer:
By clicking Next, you agree to the Toolbar and/or the search features and Search Protect terms, license agreements, and privacy policies and/or the Value Apps terms and privacy policies. Value Apps may include Conduit apps and third-party apps. Conduit is not responsible for the practice of third parties.
As you can see, it is crucially important to read the information about the program you are installing as you may come across application that do not even need to be present on the PC.
How to remove Swagbucks Toolbar?
In order to remove the unwanted toolbar you can either try to uninstall the application or implement a spyware removal tool that will do everything for you. In the case of the latter, we advise using SpyHunter as it can also protect the PC against computer infections.
Swagbucks Toolbar Removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start - > Control Panel. Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted program.
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel. Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the program you want to remove and click Remove.
- Hover the mouse over the lower left corner of the screen. Right-click. Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program. Double-click the program you want to remove.
Remove Swagbucks Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Alt+T. Click Internet Option. On the General tab change the home page and click Apply.
- In the Search section, click Settings. Remove the unwanted search provider.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove the unwanted add-on.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A. Click Extensions and remove Swag Bucks.
- To change the home page, press Alt+T. Click Options - > General tab.
- Change the home page and click OK.
- To change the search provider, open the drop-down menu next to the search box of the browser and click, for example, Google.
- Press Alt+F. Point to Tools and click Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on. Click Settings on the left side of the browser.
- In the On startup sections, click Set pages and change your startup page.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines and select a new search provider.
Having completed the manual removal, scan the PC with our recommended scanner.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Swagbucks Toolbar*