What is Secury Surf Toolbar?
At first it may seem that Secury Surf Toolbar is related to a browser hijacker, because when you install it, your default homepage and search engine are changed to Secury-Surf.com. The truth, however, is that Secury Surf Toolbar is a browser add-on that is installed onto a computer willingly. The problem is that users seldom bother to read the terms and agreements when they install new software onto their PCs, so more often than not they get surprised to see unwanted behavior even if they agreed to it. Hence, in case you had no intention of accommodating this application on your PC, you should remove Secury Surf Toolbar and restore your browser settings to default.
Where does Secury Surf Toolbar come from?
Secury Surf Toolbar and secury-surf.com come as a package. According to our security research, the website itself is a copy of secure.surf.com. Both websites are hosted on the same server, and they target French-speaking users.
Secury Surf Toolbar itself is not known to be travelling bundled with freeware, but there are three different websites that distribute the application. All of the websites are created by LaCrm Conseil and the websites can be accessed via les-pages.info, meteo-de-france.info and info-programme-tv.fr. Users may be thinking that they are downloading an application that will provide them with reliable and useful information, but the program is that Secury Surf Toolbar is a potentially unwanted browser add-on.
What does Secury Surf Toolbar do?
This add-on is potentially unwanted, because it is very intrusive and it may expose you to potentially corrupted third party material. It affects all main browsers differently. If you use Internet Explorer, your default homepage and search engine will be changed to secury-surf.com. The plug-in, however, can be removed through Control Panel. Control Panel removal does not work on Mozilla Firefox, because you need to remove the extension and change your search engine settings manually. Google Chrome is the least affected by Secury Surf Toolbar, because it only changes the default search engine.
Naturally, no one says that you cannot use secury-surf.com as your search engine. However, this search provider may display commercial advertisements between the search results, and it might as well be used by third parties to promote potentially corrupted content. It is also clear that Secury Surf Toolbar can collect personally non-identifiable data to display commercial content that would be related to your likes and preferences.
How to remove Secury Surf Toolbar?
It is very unlikely that Secury Surf Toolbar would deliberately expose you to malware distribution schemes. However, it is clear that the add-on is vulnerable to third party exploitation, and it exhibits behavior that might be considered intrusive and annoying by a majority of users. Follow our removal instructions to terminate Secury Surf Toolbar and then scan your PC with a licensed computer security application that would safeguard your PC from similar security threats.
Uninstall Secury Surf Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Secury Surf Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Secury Surf Toolbar.
- Click Start menu and navigate to Control Panel.
- Access Add or remove programs and uninstall Secury Surf Toolbar.
Remove Secury Surf from browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Change your homepage address under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Secury-Surf.
- Click search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Secury-Surf from the list.
- Click OK and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Add-ons manager tab opens.
- Remove Secury Surf Toolbar from Extensions and restart your browser.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Click Change next to Show Home button under Appearance.
- Remove Secury-Surf.com and enter a new homepage address. Press OK.
- Click Manage search engines button under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Secury-Surf and press Done.
tested removal of Secury Surf Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and