What is securitywindrv.exe?
Securitywindrv.exe is a malicious file which is part of several Trojan horses that are known as screen lockers or ransomware. The size of the file is 32.5 KB, and it is usually added to the %APPDATA% directory. Due to the fact that securitywindrv.exe belongs to the ransomware infection, you may not access it that easily. In order to remove the malicious file, you should implement a powerful spyware removal tool, which will remove securitywindrv.exe and many other files that have been spread in the operating system.
Why should you remove securitywindrv.exe?
If Securitywindrv.exe is present on the PC, it is very likely that you cannot access the system and use the computer as usual. When a computer is infected with a ransomware threat, a full-screen warning is displayed once the user logs onto the computer. The hoax warning contains the logos of the local authoritative institution, mainly the police of the country, in order to convince the user that he or she is suspected of committing a breach of the law. Usually, the user is said to be accused of distributing and using pornography and/or pirated material. Furthermore, he or she is obliged to pay a particular fee, which depends on the currency of the country in which the threat is spread.
Securitywindrv.exe is affiliated with such Trojan horses as Revoyem and Reveton, which are highly dangerous computer threats. Different versions of the threats are labeled differently, and computer users may come across Secretaria de Seguridad Publica Virus, Svenska Polisen Virus, and many others. Approximately, there are over 90 different variants of different ransomware infections that are associated with Securitywindrv.exe.
Note that if securitywindrv.exe is present on the PC, some other highly dangerous files can be found, all of which have to be removed from the computer in order to resolve the issue.
How to remove securitywindrv.exe?
Usually, Trojan horses that lock the screen of the computer are capable of downloading new files. They create new registry entries and inject malicious codes into the running processes. All the components of the infection, including securitywindrv.exe, should be removed from the computer by a powerful malware and spyware removal tool. Implement SpyHunter in order to remove the ransomware infections because it can remove malware and fight various computer threats off. Do not wait – take action right now and get rid of the computer threats.
How to install securitywindrv.exe removal tool - SpyHunter
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Restart the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS splash screen to load and tap the F8 key.
- Using up/down arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download the recommended application.
- Install it and scan the PC.
- Restart the computer.
- Get ready to tap the F8 key once the BIOS splash screen loads.
- Using the arrow keys, highlight the Safe Mode with Networking option and press Enter.
- Click OK on the dialog tab.
- Click Start.
- Launch the Run command.
- Type msconfig into the box and click OK.
- Open the Startup tab and click Disable All.
- Click Apply.
- Download the recommended software.
- Restart the computer and install the program.
- Press the Windows key.
- Click the Internet Explorer tile.
- Go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download the application.
- Install it and launch a system scan.
tested removal of securitywindrv.exe*100% FREE spyware scan and