What is Utility Chest?
If you have downloaded Utility Chest onto your browser without paying any attention to the proposed installation additions, you may be surprised to notice that both your home page and search engine have been modified. Even though it may seem as if these changes have been performed illegally, you definitely need to blame no one else but yourself. The applied search engine is exactly the element that you need to be most careful about. As research shows, the search results provided through this application are filtered and usually useless. Our researchers at Anti-Spyware recommend having Utility Chest removed from the operating Windows system and popular Internet browsers. Please continue reading to learn why exactly you should delete the suspicious browser plugin.
How does Utility Chest act?
We may allow third-parties, including widget providers, IAC companies, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our Site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements.
If you do not want to become a victim of misleading third parties, it is recommended that you delete Utility Chest from the PC and browsers. If you wish to continue using the application, at least consider changing the home page and the search engine to prevent certain third-party activity.
How to remove Utility Chest?
Utility Chest can be removed using automatic spyware removal software; however, you can also delete it with the manual removal steps presented below. Note that once you remove the plugin from the computer, the toolbar is deleted from the browsers, and all you need to do is change the home page.
Delete Utility Chest from Windows
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu, select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted application and click Remove.
Delete from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu, click Control Panel and then follow to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- To delete the unwanted program right-click it and select Uninstall.
Remove from Internet browsers
- Open Firefox, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and change/remove the Home Page.
- Click OK.
- Move to the top-right corner and click the drop-down menu on the left of the search box.
- Select Manage search engines.
- Remove My Web Search and click OK.
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Select a new default search provider and Remove the unwanted one.
- Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and move to Home Page.
- Remove/overwrite the set URL and click OK.
If you have deleted the plugin, Anti-Spyware-101.com experts recommend that you immediately install authentic security software to guard the operating Windows system and browsers against malicious and potentially unwanted programs.
tested removal of Utility Chest*100% FREE spyware scan and