What is Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ?
Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ is a serious infection that might enter your system without permission. As it acts like a ransomware infection, it will lock your screen and you will not be able to access any of you files. You will also see a warning message saying that “Your Computer Has Been Locked” on your screen. Research has shown that such infections usually manage to enter those computers which are unprotected, i.e. there are no security tools installed on them. Make sure that you take care of your system’s safety after the removal of Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ because there are hundreds of similar infections (e.g. ScreenLocker, Lockscreen, Cryptolocker.S, and others) on the Internet. Unlike Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ, they really encrypt files. In other words they are all locked up and you cannot access them.
How does Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ act?
Researchers at anti-spyware-101.com have tested Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ and noticed that it only hides all files. In other words, it marks the Hidden attribute that can be found by right-clicking on the particular file and selecting Properties. Even though it is rather unique, it still asks users to pay particular sum money, so it is still classified as a ransomware infection. If you read the message that has been placed on your screen, you will understand immediately that Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ tries to convince users that all of their “documents, photos, databases and other files have been encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key, generated for this computer.” The message further says that you have to pay 100 Euros in order to get that private key for unlocking files. It seems that cyber criminals want users to do that as soon as possible, so they try to push them to do that by saying that the private key will be deleted soon. Users are asked to pay money through NeoSurf Prepaid card. Cyber criminals ask to use this payment method because they do not want to be identified. We do not recommend paying money for cyber criminals because you will simply lose them and contribute to the activity of cyber criminals.
The biggest possibility that Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ will enter your system is if you live in France; however, this threat can slither onto your computer if you live somewhere else too but have an Internet connection. Security specialists say that this ransomware infection is spread through spam emails. It means that it might enter your system the moment you open a spam email attachment. In addition, it is known that you can download this threat by clicking on a link placed on some kind of unreliable website. You will not be able to protect the system yourself, so we highly recommend installing an automatic security tool on the system. You should also ignore spam emails and stop downloading programs from various file-sharing websites because you will never know what you will install on your computer.
How to get rid of Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ
Unfortunately, Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ cannot be removed via Control Panel. In addition, it starts with Windows, so it will not disappear from your PC if you reboot your computer. It seems that it is impossible to get rid of Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ manually because it is a very difficult process. Therefore, we recommend using an automatic malware remover, such as SpyHunter. Unfortunately, the tool cannot be downloaded and installed in Normal mode, so you will have to boot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking first. Find the instructions that will help you to do that below this article.
- Restart your computer and start tapping F8.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Open the Start menu.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Install it on the system and perform a full system scan.
- Reboot your computer in a Normal mode.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Restart your PC and start tapping F8 immediately.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Tap Enter.
- Open your browser and download SpyHunter from http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph .
- Install it and scan your system.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Locate the Power button at the Windows login screen or the Settings charm and press it.
- Hold the Shift key on your keyboard and select Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings.
- Click the Restart button.
- Tap F5.
- Download the security tool from the web.
- Install the tool on your PC and scan your system.
- Click on the Windows button.
- Click on the Power button.
- Tap and keep the Shift key and click Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings.
- Click Restart and tap F5 on your keyboard.
- When your Windows loads up, open any browser.
- Enter http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph in the URL bar.
- Download the security application.
tested removal of Trojan.Lockscreen.OJ*100% FREE spyware scan and