What is Search Conduit?
Search Conduit is a web search tool which has been developed by Conduit Ltd. According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, Windows users should not trust the suspicious search.conduit.com search engine or the so-called Customized Web Search by Conduit because these applications have been designed to promote and advertise various websites not to provide you with reliable information. The suspicious Search by Conduit represents sponsored search results which are supported through advertisements. We do not recommend that you click on any sponsored search results or interact with the search engine because there is no way to tell which sites you could end up visiting. If your operating Windows system and Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers are not protected against illicit, intrusive activity by authentic spyware detection/removal software, trusting the search engine could be dangerous. Please continue reading the report to learn more about the virtual risks and Search Conduit removal.
Why should you delete Search Conduit?
The main reason behind the removal of the search tool is its inability to serve reliably. In fact, many Windows users even believe that the questionable search.conduit.com aids browser hijackers. It is not true that this search engine is a browser hijacker because usually a user must choose/agree to change his/her home page and default search provider settings. For example, if you have installed Trustworthy Toolbar, KeyBar Toolbar, and other well-known Conduit browser plugins, you must have been introduced to a special setup wizard. Here you are offered to install various third-party programs (e.g. TuneUp Utilities 2013) and accept browser modifications. If you are not familiar with the represented programs – do not install them onto your PC or web browsers because this may lead to serious problems. All in all, it appears that these modifications are indicated quite notably, and so there is no doubt that Search by Conduit is not a browser hijacker.
How to remove Search by Conduit?
To remove Search Conduit from your web browsers you can either install automatic spyware detection and removal software which could help you delete this undesirable program, or you can follow the manual removal procedures. If you choose the first option and install a reliable spyware remover (e.g. SpyHunter) you will not need to worry about spyware in the future. If you think you can handle the task manually, we strongly recommend that you install a reliable spyware scanner and then employ authentic Windows security software afterwards. Here are the manual removal steps.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers (see the list on the left).
- Disable the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and this time select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and then click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and click Settings.
- Move to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the default URL and then click OK.
- Move to Appearance, mark Show Home button, click Change and then repeat step 3.
- Move to Search, click Manage search engines, select a new search provider and remove the undesirable one (click X). Click OK to confirm the changes.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click the search provider icon placed on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable search provider. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
If you have discovered that your personal computer is running disorderly after your home page has been set to search.conduit.com, there is a possibility that malware is running on your PC. To check the security of your operating system install a reliable, authentic spyware scanner which will determine whether you have to delete malware or not. Click the download button below to install the free-of-charge malware scanner SpyHunter.
tested removal of Search Conduit*100% FREE spyware scan and
Stop these Search Conduit Processes:
Remove these Search Conduit Files:
Remove these Search Conduit Registry Entries: