What is PConverter B3 Toolbar?
PConverter B3 Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application that functions like browser plug-in. It is not a malicious computer infection, but users are advised against installing and keeping the application on their computers. PConverter B3 Toolbar is related to a number of third party applications that in the long run can potentially expose you to various computer threats. It is very likely that PConverter B3 Toolbar arrived bundled with freeware, so you are recommended to uninstall PConverter B3 Toolbar and other related applications from your computer right now. It will definitely help you protect your system from unwanted intruders.
Where does PConverter B3 Toolbar come from?
As it has been mentioned already, PConverter B3 Toolbar may arrive bundled with freeware. However, that is not the main distribution method for this browser plug-in. PConverter B3 Toolbar belongs to the Conduit group of browser plug-ins and all of them have a home page at ourtoolbar.com. Thus, PConverter B3 Toolbar can be downloaded from pconverterb3.ourtoolbar.com, and it is very similar to WiseConvert Toolbar, Travelocity Toolbar, VisualBee Toolbar and extensive number of other Conduit plug-ins.
Nevertheless, bundled downloads is also a common mean of distribution for PConverter B3 Toolbar, so if you download a free application from a third party website and suddenly there this toolbar installed on your browser – it is obvious that the program had PConverter B3 Toolbar installer file in its setup. Thus, you need to be more careful about what you install on your PC.
What does PConverter B3 Toolbar do?
The aspects of PConverter B3 Toolbar’s installation differ based on whether you install it fully or not. Full installation results in browser settings modification, which is why a lot of users think that PConverter B3 Toolbar is a browser hijacker, although that is not the case. With full installation your default home page and search engine get changed to search.conduit.com. Although this search engine may perform its function, it also means that your browsing activities get tracked via tracking cookies, and all the information collected is used by PConverter B3 Toolbar to generated personalized commercial advertisements.
These third party commercial advertisements are your biggest security-related concern, because PConverter B3 Toolbar is obviously not responsible for their content. It means that if cyber criminals decide to exploit these pop-ups for malware distribution you might get infected with dangerous computer infections.
How to remove PConverter B3 Toolbar?
Naturally, PConverter B3 Toolbar is more annoying than dangerous, and just by having this plug-in on your browser you will not end up infected with something dangerous. Nevertheless, you should consider all possibilities and not take any security risks.
Refer to the manual removal instructions below to uninstall PConverter B3 Toolbar from your computer, and then consider scanning the PC with SpyHunter free scanner to make sure that your system is absolutely safe.
Uninstall PConverter B3 Toolbar
- Slide mouse cursor across desktop to the bottom right corner.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and then click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove PConverter B3 Toolbar.
- When Uninstall Toolbar pop-up appears, select the right options to restore your browser settings.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove PConverter B3 Toolbar.
- Select the appropriate options on Uninstall Toolbar pop-up to restore browser settings.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall PConverter B3 Toolbar.
- Mark the right options on Uninstall Toolbar pop-up to restore browser settings.
Remove Conduit Search
- Press Firefox button and select Options.
- Change your home page under General tab and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Conduit from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Under General tab change your home page address and press OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Conduit.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Press Set pages and modify your home page address. Click OK.
- Click Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Conduit. Press Done.
tested removal of PConverter B3 Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and