What is Maxwebsearch.com?
Maxwebsearch.com is a browser hijacker that will try to promote commercial content or redirect you to affiliated websites. Unless you make use of this search engine you should not face extreme system threats, but there is no need to keep Maxwebsearch.com on your computer. The presence of a browser hijacker indicates that there might be a lot of other potentially unwanted applications on your computer, so you need to scan the PC with SpyHunter free scanner and determine which programs must be removed from the system. Terminate Maxwebsearch.com as well to avoid further redirections.
tested removal of Maxwebsearch.com*100% FREE spyware scan and
Where does Maxwebsearch.com come from?
The possibility of getting infected with Maxwebsearch.com directly is there, but users seldom download installer files for browser hijackers consciously. In fact, it is more like that users download Maxwebsearch.com bundled with freeware applications. There are a lot of third party installers that add Maxwebsearch.com into their list of additional software, so whenever you launch the installation wizard for a freeware application you need to read every step carefully. You might be informed about the oncoming additional installation, but a lot of users simply miss it as they skip through setup steps.
Our research team suggests that Maxwebsearch.com is another version of Websearchy.com browser hijacker. This association shows that you should not tolerate the likes of Maxwebsearch.com on your PC.
What does Maxwebsearch.com do?
This browser hijacker modifies your browser settings behind your back. Maxwebsearch.com is set as your default homepage and search engine. This infection also comes with a Browser Protector App. Whenever you open your browser, this protector app will pop up into your screen offering you to change your default homepage to Maxwebsearch.com:
MaxWebSearch Protection for your browser
MaxWebSearch protects you by preventing unknown applications and users from changing your browser settings.
Restore My Settings
Also, just like any other browser hijacker, Maxwebsearch.com makes an impression that it is a genuine search engine. However, this application cannot provide you with original search provider. Maxwebsearch.com makes use of customized Yahoo! search engine. When you perform a web search via Maxwebsearch.com, the top search results are ads related. You can see that Maxwebsearch.com is very advertising-oriented.
Technically, this should not be an issue, but we cannot always trust third parties that advertise their products through Maxwebsearch.com. After all, browser hijackers are often exploited by cyber criminals to promote various online marketing schemes and adware distribution methods.
How to remove Maxwebsearch.com?
Since your computer security should be your utmost priority, you need to remove Maxwebsearch.com right now. As we have mentioned above, you will mostly have to remove other potentially unwanted programs as well. Open Control Panel and remove Maxwebsearch.com from the list of installed programs. Then open your web browser and restore your browser settings to default. Finally, invest in a licensed computer security application that will help you protect your PC against similar threats in the future.
Manual Maxwebsearch.com Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and select Control panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Maxwebsearch.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Maxwebsearch.
- Open Start menu and click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and select Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall Maxwebsearch.
Restore your browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Change your default homepage under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T again and select Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Maxwebsearch.com.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines on the drop-down menu.
- Remove Maxwebsearch.com from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- Change your homepage address under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your startup homepage. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new search engine, delete Maxwebsearch.com and press Done.