What is Iminentsearch.com?
If you have experienced unauthorized changes of your web browser's default settings, it is likely that they were caused by an intrusive third-party program. One program that is capable of making fundamental changes to popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome is known as Iminentsearch.com. If you have discovered this devious search engine active on your PC, it is imperative to take immediate action to terminate it. Its complete removal should be your utmost priority since this intrusive piece of software will ruin your overall online experience in numerous. If that was not enough, our research team has also found out that at times this devious search provider could turn out to be the reason your operating system might get exposed to dubious and even potentially harmful web content, which could lead to a system infection. Such activity of Iminentsearch.com should not be tolerated under any circumstances. Use the removal instructions that we present below.
What does Iminentsearch.com do?
The first indication that Iminentsearch.com is up and fully running on your personal computer is an alteration of your default search engine and new tab page. These changes might seem rather irrelevant for some user at first. Unfortunately, they cannot be considered benign due to a number of reasons. The most annoying thing about these changes is the fact that you will no longer be able to conduct online searches with an engine of your preference. This is so because you will be forced to use the Iminentsearch.com search engine whether you like it or not; you will be forced to do so for as long as it is active on your operating system. The same thing happens to your new tab page since it will be altered from your default one to some questionable third-party site. We highly advise you not to use this search provider as it could present modified search results. This means that you could come across numerous sponsored results and results embedded with redirect links. Even though such results will not be occurring frequently, it remains a possibility to come across one. Just clicking on it could have devastating outcomes as you could be taken to websites running an arbitrary code execution exploit, meaning that just landing on such a site could be more than enough to get your PC infected with some unknown malicious program. It goes without saying that having Iminentsearch.com active on your computer will only put your operating system at risk. Carefully follow the removal instructions that we present below to get rid of this intrusive piece of software once and for all.
Where does Iminentsearch.com come from?
Since there is no official website that would provide a direct download link of Iminentsearch.com, it is safe to assume that the devious application is spread in some other suspicious way. Upon further investigation, it has been found out that usually this unwanted search engine is spread via bundled installers. In the majority of cases, such setup files are up for download on various third-party download websites. Therefore, by avoiding such sites and acquiring your software from official websites only, you will significantly reduce the risk of infecting your computer with some devious application. Also, you should always be extra cautious while installing any program on your computer. Often users allow the installation of some devious program to take place because they rush through the setup process. By going through each step carefully, you could come across a chance to cancel the installation of some unwanted program. Finally, you should always have a reliable antimalware tool active on your computer. Such a tool provides overall system security; thus, it can warn you about any dubious content beforehand.
How to remove Iminentsearch.com
The removal procedure of Iminentsearch.com should not be taken for granted as it is critical to delete everything associated with. If any traces are left on your computer, Iminentsearch.com could still function. In other cases traces of this devious search engine could trigger a silent restoration procedure. by running a full system scan with a reliable antimalware tool, you will be sure that every single bit of Iminentsearch.com has been removed from your operating system completely.
How to remove Iminentsearch.com from your PC
- Start your web browser.
- Click the Chrome Menu button and select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings and select Reset settings.
- Click the Reset option to confirm your choice.
- Launch your web browser.
- Select the Menu button.
- Click the question mark icon at the bottom.
- Select Troubleshooting Information and click Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox to confirm your choice.
- Open your web browser.
- Click the Menu button and select Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and then click the Reset button.
- Click Close.
How to remove leftovers of Iminentsearch.com from your PC
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles<unique mozilla user ID>.
- Right-click the file entitled prefs.js and then select Open with.
- Select Notepad.
- Remove the user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://iminentsearch.com") string.
- Select File and click Save.
- Go to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default.
- Select and remove files called Preferences, Secure Preferences, and Web Data.
- Click the Windows button.
- Type regedit into the search field and select it.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
- Double-click the registry value entitled Start Page.
- Replace the unwanted URL with a new one in the Value data section and click OK.
tested removal of Iminentsearch.com*100% FREE spyware scan and