What is Houmpage.com?
You should not play with Houmpage.com. If this browser hijacker has taken over your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome browsers, you must eliminate it before it exposes you to misleading, unreliable content. Unfortunately, this will be more difficult to realize if you have installed this hijacker yourself. Of course, in this case, it is more likely that you will recognize it as a regular search tool rather than a hijacker. Well, there are a few telltale signs that should help you realize that you are dealing with an unreliable piece of software. First of all, this hijacker does not provide any legal information that could help you figure out how it is operated. Second, it performs abrupt redirecting to other unreliable third-party search engines. Due to this, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers advise removing Houmpage.com as soon as possible. Continue reading this report and use the tips provided to clean your system quickly and painlessly.
How does Houmpage.com work?
According to our research, Houmpage.com has different interfaces on all browsers; however, it works in the same way on all of them. When you enter search queries into the search box provided, you will be automatically redirected to Search.smartshopping.com. We have found that Google Chrome users could be redirected to Find.rockettab.com as well. Even if you are redirected to a page of a familiar search provider, you should not trust the search results provided as they could be modified. You certainly should not trust the results shown via Search.smartshopping.com, and not just because it is not supported by any official, legal information either. The Web results will show ads, the Images and News searches will send you to suche.gmx.net (untrustworthy as well), and you will find yourself in Google if you search for Videos. Is that how normal search tools work? Of course not! Moreover, legitimate, reliable search tools will not show potentially dangerous sponsored links. All in all, even if you do not care that the hijacker does not provide any information about itself, the redirecting to other suspicious pages should warn you about trouble. Have you noticed being automatically redirected to ad pages as well? Well, this is another reason to delete this hijacker.
It was found that Houmpage.com is identical to esurf.biz, safesurfs.com, your-home-page.net, and many other unreliable search tools on the same server. All of these infections have been found to hijack the browsers from their root – the Target. This infection adds the "http://houmpage.com/?ssid=1444318045&a=1008179" string to the original Target, which means that the hijacker will greet you every time you launch your browser. Even if you modify the homepage, this infection will remain active, and this is why most users struggle with its elimination. Those who decide to ignore this silent hijacker will be at risk of having their private data leaked to unreliable parties. Because the hijacker does not provide any information about itself, you should consider all of the worst scenarios. Consider that this hijacker could redirect you to malware pages, show corrupted links, leak personal information, help cyber criminals take over, and so on. If you understand the risks of trusting unpredictable software, you know how important it is to eliminate this hijacker from your PC.
How to delete Houmpage.com
Although some users have lost their hopes of removing Houmpage.com, we can share a simple method with you that will help you get rid of this hijacker very fast. The most important step in this case is to change the Target back to normal, and that is not hard to do. Of course, if you do not even know where to find this Target, you might be confused. Follow the instructions right below to make the necessary modifications, and then move on to the removal of undesirable search tools. Replacing undesirable search tools is not very difficult, but we are sure that some users will appreciate the added instructions. Unfortunately, this hijacker usually travels along with other infections that, of course, require immediate removal as well. If you cannot eliminate all threats active on your PC yourself, quickly install reliable anti-malware software to do the job for you. And if you have questions about any of the processes mentioned in this report, start a discussion in the comments section.
Change the Target
- Find the infected browser’s shortcut, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab and move to the Target section.
- Remove the URL of the hijacker after iexplore.exe”/chrome.exe”/firefox.exe” and click OK.
- Launch Internet Explorer and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on your left select Search Providers.
- Select/add the preferred search provider and click Set as default.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page section.
- Overwrite the URL and click OK.
- Restart the browser.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings and move straight to the On Startup section.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite the URL of the hijacker and click OK.
- Move to the Appearance section and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and repeat step 4.
- Move to the Search menu and click Manage search engines…
- Add/select the preferred provider and click Make default.
- Click X on the URL of the unwanted provider and click Done.
- Restart the browser.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and tap Alt+T.
- Select Options.
- In the menu on the left click the General tab.
- Overwrite the unwanted URL in the Home Page section.
- Go back to the menu on the left and click the Search tab.
- Select the undesirable search provider and click Remove.
- Restart the browser.
tested removal of Houmpage.com*100% FREE spyware scan and