What is HomeworkSimplified Toolbar?
HomeworkSimplified Toolbar is a toolbar that is classified as adware. The category suggests that this application aims for generating profit for its creators using any means possible. While this application is very far from being a Trojan, ransomware application or a rogue antispyware program, it is still no recommended to keep it on your browser. Therefore, if you are a security-minded user, you will see to it that you remove HomeworkSimplified Toolbar from your PC immediately. Scroll down to the bottom of this description for the manual removal instructions, and do not forget to invest in a licensed computer security application that would prevent you from installing other potential threats.
Where does HomeworkSimplified Toolbar come from?
We can easily say that this toolbar does not offer anything new because we have seen countless applications from the same family before. HomeworkSimplified Toolbar belongs to the MindSpark group of browser extensions that are associated with a number of potential security issues. In a sense, the supposed main function aside, HomeworkSimplified Toolbar is no different from StudyHQ Toolbar, Video Scavenger Toolbar, VideoConverter Toolbar, and so on.
Seeing how all the applications from this group are practically identically, it would not be too far-fetched to say that they usually employ the same distribution methods. For one, these programs have official homepages, and the download links there work just fine. Thus, if you happen to come across homeworksimplified.com, you may feel inclined to download the toolbar, especially if you need some help with your homework at school. However, if you download this application willingly, please bear in mind that you should still follow the every single installation step carefully. HomeworkSimplified Toolbar comes with the Ask Search engine, and if you do not deselect the option during installation, this search engine will be set as your default homepage.
Direct download aside, it is far more common for HomeworkSimplified Toolbar to spread in software packages. For example, you are looking for some application online, and it happens to be available a third-party site. There is nothing illegal about hosting or downloading freeware, but there is no watchdog on such pages, to scan and check whether the third party installers are completely safe. Clueless users usually install the program they wanted to have along with several other applications that often do not benefit your online experience at all.
What does HomeworkSimplified Toolbar do?
According to the information on the official site, HomeworkSimplified Toolbar should help you find information on the basic school subjects faster. It really sounds like a plan, but let us not forget all the additional things that come with this toolbar. For example, if you go through general installation, you will also end up adding Ask Search to your browser.
Some users think that it is similar to what browser hijackers too, but it is important to note that browser do not ask your opinion about what they’re about to do, while HomeworkSimplified Toolbar does. Thus, we cannot say that this toolbar is a malicious infection because you basically give your PERMISSION for the changes to occur.
How do I remove HomeworkSimplified Toolbar?
Needless to say, when a program is unwanted, it is necessary to remove it. You can uninstall HomeworkSimplified Toolbar via Control Panel, but you will also have to restore your browser settings manually and delete the extension from Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Afterwards, you should also terminate all the other potential threats that might be hiding in your system.
Manual HomeworkSimplified Toolbar Removal
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 & Windows 8
- Press Win+R for the Run command box to open.
- Type “control” into the Open box and press OK.
- Go to Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Remove HomeworkSimplified Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove HomeworkSimplified Toolbar.
- Click the Start menu button and select Control Panel.
- Navigate to Add or remove programs and uninstall HomeworkSimplified Toolbar.
Modify Your Browser Settings
- Press Alt+T and open Internet options.
- Change your homepage address under the General tab and press OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Ask Search.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- Change your homepage address under the General section.
- Click Search on the left pane and choose a new default search engine.
- Delete Ask.com from the list and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Disable and remove HomeworkSimplified from Extensions.
- Restart your browser for the changes to take effect.
- Press Alt+F and select More tools.
- Open Extensions and remove HomeworkSimplified.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page address. Press OK.
- Select the Manage search engines button under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Ask.com. Press Done.
tested removal of HomeworkSimplified Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and