What is Gnoosi.net?
Gnoosi.net is a French language based search engine which appears to be supported by Yahoo, and it allows you to browse the web using Web, Images, Vidéos and Actualités (news) modules. As our researchers have discovered, the search engine provides advertisement-supported results, which most of the time take over all of the search results. Is this suspicious? It definitely is and so we do not recommend using the search engine at any point because you will not be able to find any authentic or useful information with it!
Needless to say, no one would use this search engine with free will, which is why schemers have enabled it to act as a mischievous browser hijacker. Have you found out that the home page and the search provider of active web browsers have been modified without your knowledge after installing the Gnoosi Toolbar? Then there is no doubt that you need to remove it from the PC, and do you know exactly how to delete Gnoosi.net?
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Gnoosi.net*
How does Gnoosi.net act?
According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, Gnoosi.net falls into the same category as such malicious, well-known hijackers as Qone8, Onewebsearch or Search.ividi.org. The clandestine computer infection may appear to enter the operating system without any of your knowledge, and that, without a doubt, is extremely intimidating. Schemers are experienced with malware proliferation and they know how to use drive-by download and social engineering scams to corrupt your web browsers. Even though it sounds quite ironic, you are lucky to have the system infected with Gnoosi.net hijacker because it is impossible to miss it running on the internet browsers. As you may know already, Trojans, keyloggers, worms and other dangerous PC threats which may attack your unguarded system are much more clandestine and more difficult to remove from the system.
The main task for the suspicious hijacker is to push you into using the worthless search engine and then clicking on the presented advertisements. If you perform a click, the developers of Gnoosi.net instantly earn money, and this is all that matters to them. They certainly do not care whether you will find information you need or whether you will not land on a corrupted website. If you do not remove the infection and continue using the suspicious search engine, there is a great chance that you will expose Windows vulnerabilities and help schemers take over the control of the entire system.
How to remove Gnoosi.net?
We advise having Gnoosi.net hijacker removed from the operating Windows system as soon as you discover that it has been infiltrated alongside the unreliable toolbar. The removal of the program is not complicated if you choose to use authentic Windows security tools (e.g. SpyHunter) to locate and delete malware. Needless to say, the task is much more complicated if you choose to proceed manually. Luckily, you can delete the toolbar and change the home page/search provider settings yourself.
Remove Gnoosi Toolbar
Remove from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable toolbar.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Move to Control Panel and then to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and delete/change the default URL. Click OK.
- Go to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Overwrite/remove the displayed default URL and click OK.
- Scroll down to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove the undesirable search provider by clicking the X mark.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and overwrite/remove the displayed Home Page. Click OK.
- Locate the search box on the top-right corner, click the icon and select Manage Search Engines.
- Select the search provider you wish to get rid of and click Remove. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shitf+A and select Extensions.
- Remove the undesirable extensions.
- Restart the browser before browsing the web again.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers to find a list of Internet Explorer search providers.
- Remove the undesirable option and click Close.
- Open the Tools menu (Alt+T) once more and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the displayed URL and then click OK.
- Restart the browser.
Please post a comment below if you have discovered any issues with the removal of the Gnoosi.net browser hijacker.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Gnoosi.net*