What is GasGlance Toolbar?
GasGlance Toolbar is considered an annoying and useless toolbar and our researchers recommend that you remove it. Its only real purpose is to redirect web traffic to a modified Ask.com search engine that is also of questionable reliability. Thankfully, this toolbar is no longer available for download from its dedicated website. Nevertheless, it can still be found bundled with malicious software, so it is too soon to say that this program in gone for good. Therefore, we want to provide you with as much information about GasGlance Toolbar as possible. The toolbar itself is not malicious, but we have a problem with its promoted search engine. More details provided below.
What does GasGlance Toolbar do?
Allegedly, this toolbar is supposed to help you find the best gasoline prices right there from your browser. However, all this program does is provide links to numerous third-party websites regarding fuel, but nothing more than that. So, you really do not need a toolbar which is just a collection of links, because you can bookmark websites yourself. Obviously, GasGlance Toolbar’s supposed primary function is just an afterthought as its true main purpose is to change your browser’s homepage and search provider, and thus redirect web traffic to the modified Ask.com website whose address is Home.tb.ask.com.
Where GasGlance Toolbar come from?
GasGlance Toolbar was developed by Mindspark Interactive Network. This developer has been releasing toolbars such as this one for years and years. It is interesting to see that this developer is starting to discontinue some of its products. But, rest assured, it will release plenty of new ones. We would like to give a dishonorable mention to some of this program’s clones, such as 100sOfRecipes Toolbar, SMSFromBrowser Toolbar, and DownloadManagerTool Toolbar.
GasGlance Toolbar is no longer available for download from its dedicated website at Gasglance.com. However, you can still get it via software bundles that are featured on shady free software distributing websites. So, our advice is to always opt for custom or advanced installation settings and remove any undesirable software by unchecking its checkbox. Also, you should avoid freeware distributing websites altogether as they are bound to bundle shady software.
How do I remove GasGlance Toolbar?
Typically, GasGlance Toolbar can be uninstalled via Control Panel and everything goes back to normal. However, in some cases it might leave its browser extension for Internet Explorer and Firefox, so you have to remove it separately. In most cases it does not work on Chrome, but we are going to include instructions on how to get rid of it from this browse as well.
How to delete GasGlance Toolbar from the PC
- Tap Windows Key+X and click Programs and Features.
- Locate the undesirable program.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Charm bar.
- Click Settings and select Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features.
- Locate the program and right-click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Locate the program and click the Uninstall button.
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the unwanted software and click the Remove button.
How to remove this toolbar's browser extension
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Choose Manage add-ons and click Toolbars and extensions.
- Locate the extension and click Remove.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Choose More tools and click Extensions.
- Locate and Remove the add-on.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Choose Extensions.
- Locate the unwanted extension and click Remove.
tested removal of GasGlance Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and