What is Freshy Toolbar?
Freshly Toolbar is a browser extension based on Conduit Platform. The application can change the home page and the default search engine to search.conduit.com; hence we recommend that you remove it from the PC and restore your previous settings. Freshly Toolbar works on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, but unlike in the cases of adware programs, you need to download the toolbar for every browser separately. If you use Mozilla and cannot uninstall the toolbar, do not worry. Remove it from the browser and when scan the system. It is advisable to take action immediately because the toolbar can monitor your browsing sessions and provide you with various advertisements.
How does Freshly Toolbar work?
Freshly Toolbar is available at ct8589.ourtoolbar.com. Once installed, it provides the user with several links, which promote Xanga.com. It has been noticed that some other links are also related Xanga.com, which offers a blog archive backup. The toolbar is developed to promote the products of Xanga; however, little functionality is added to the browser.
As to the changes that are mode on the browsers, the home page or start-up page is change to search.conduit.com. The user is provided with various display advertisements, which are not related to the search queries entered in the search box. The advertisement is replaced with a new one when the page is refreshed, and you may notice that they are provided by different advertisers. You may be find advertisements that raise awareness about adoption, offer to watch online videos, or visit an online shop. The advertisements that are displayed are not necessarily malicious, but you should keep in mind that you may come across ads that invite you to visit unreliable websites; hence, you should take action to remove the toolbar and change the settings of the browsers.
Since the default search engine is changed too, you cannot avoid the search hits that are provided by Conduit. In addition to sponsored links, you may find that some of your search terms may be looked up at TheFreeDictionary. We recommend that you avoid clicking on those sponsored links in order to prevent computer infections. Legitimate and reliable websites are also advertised in this way, so you should pay attention to domain name which is presented as an advertisement or a sponsored link. In order to avoid the potential danger, remove Freshly Toolbar from the PC and make sure that the system is protected against insecure programs, especially if Freshly Toolbar has been installed accidentally.
How to remove Freshly Toolbar?
Manual removal of Freshly Toolbar
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Remove the toolbar.
- Click Star and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall the unwanted program.
- Press Win+R and type in control panel.
- Click OK.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Freshly Toolbar.
How to remove Freshly Toolbar and search.conduit.com
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Open the General tab, change the home page and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions section, remove the unwanted browser add-on if necessary.
- In the Search Providers section, change the default search engine.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extension and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- Change the home page on the General tab.
- To change the search provider, click the search engine icon next to the search box and then select a new search engine.
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools and click Extension.
- Remove the unwanted browser extension.
- Click Settings.
- Under On startup, select the last option and then click Set pages.
- Under Search, select and click Manage search engines and set a new search engine.
tested removal of Freshy Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and