What is CryptoLocker Virus?
CryptoLocker Virus is a clandestine ransomware which encrypts files on the operating Windows system to lock-down the computer and demand a payment in return of the restored access to the PC. Even though this is an illegal schemers’ attempt to collect money, many careless, unsuspecting computer users might think that making the payment is the only way out. This is because the lock-down of the system is represented with an intimidating warning. Unfortunately, the notification is generic, meaning that it could be used to scam Windows users all over the world. There is no doubt that you should remove CryptoLocker Virus from the operating Windows system as soon as you discover the disruptive infection on your PC. Continue reading to learn about the tricks of the infection and the removal tricks that you could use yourself.
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of CryptoLocker Virus*
How does CryptoLocker Virus act?
As the name of the infection reveals it encrypts files (e.g. .doc, .docx, .jpg) to lock the computer; however, the first step that cyber criminals need to perform is get the malicious threat onto the computer. As Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have discovered, the clandestine ransomware can be spread using social engineering scams. How does this work? Schemers expose you to corrupted emails, links and websites to infiltrate the threat after you click on them. Even though after you click on the corrupted link you could be routed to an inactive page it does not mean that the infection has not been planted onto the computer. If the infiltration is successful and it runs without your knowledge, schemers can then download malicious files using C&C servers. These files can lock down your computer and present you with this fictional information:
Your personal files are encrypted! […]
The single copy of the private key, which will allow you to decrypt the files, located on a secret server on the Internet; the server will destroy the key after a time specified on this window. After that, nobody and never will be able to restore files…
To obtain the private key for this computer, which will automatically decrypt files, you need to pay 100 USD / 100EUR / similar amount in another currency.
It is stated that if you try to delete CryptoLocker Virus which has caused the lock-down of the computer, the allegedly active decryption key will be destroyed and all of your files will be automatically removed. If you decide to follow the demands, you will be asked to choose between MoneyPak, Paysafecard, Ukash, cashU and Bitcoin. These virtual money transfer systems have been linked to a number of malicious ransomware, including Datorn låser sig för polis Virus, Unità di analisi sul crimine informatico Virus or Département de la Cybercriminalité Virus. We do not recommend that you pay the requested ransomware and instead remove CryptoLocker Virus. Needless to say, this is the more beneficial option because it can help you avoid the ransom and delete the malicious infection.
How to remove CryptoLocker Virus?
We strongly recommend that you delete CryptoLocker Virus using automatic malware detection and removal software because the threat is composed of malignant files which may aggravate manual removal processes. Since the computer is locked and installing any software onto the PC is complicated, we have prepared the instructions which will help you install a reliable malware remover. Note that you should not wait for the given 48 hours to expire because this will lead to the removal of your files. Needless to say, this threat is highly malicious and to keep the PC guarded against similar infections in the future, you need to ensure that the operating system is safeguarded by authentic security software.
Remove the ransomware
Remove from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI start screen. Tap the Windows key to perform this.
- Launch a browser and move to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/spyhunter .
- Download an automatic malware detection and removal tool.
- Install the program, perform the scan and immediately delete detected infections.
Remove from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Restart the computer and wait for the moment BIOS loads up.
- Start tapping F8 until the Advanced Boot Options menu shows up.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using arrow keys. Tap Enter.
- Download an authentic malware remover from http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph .
- Install the program to delete running Windows threats.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Firstly restart the computer using the power button.
- Start tapping F8 as soon as BIOS loads to access the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
- Using arrow keys on the keyboard choose Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Click YES on the appeared Desktop notification.
- Download SpyHunter for malware removal.
- Open the Start menu and click RUN.
- Enter msconfig and click OK to open the System Configurations Utility.
- Click the Startup tab and select Disable All.
- Hit OK and immediately restart the computer (normally).
- Install the authentic malware removal tool to delete the ransomware.
tested removal of CryptoLocker Virus*