What is CodecV?
CodecV is a sneaky adware application that gets onto your computer without you even noticing it. It is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers, which means that everyone can get in touch with it. It has been found out that the main feature of CodecV is various commercials that it tends to display on different shopping websites, including amazon.com, kmart.com, and ebay.com. Unfortunately, these websites are not the only one; this application might operate on different kinds of websites and you will not be able to stop all these ads unless you get rid of CodecV itself. We definitely recommend removing this software if you do not want to get exposed to malicious software.
How does CodecV work?
Advertising-supported programs are able to render various advertisements automatically and possibly generate revenue for its publishers. In addition to this, such applications might cause harm to the security of your system because they display advertisements which redirect those who click on them to some other websites. The content of these web pages is completely unknown, which means that the possibility to come across malicious software and infect your computer is considerably high. We believe that the best solution is to remove the program responsible for these ads. This move will minimize the possibility to infect your system.
What is more, the fact that CodecV is going to collect some of the non-personally identifiable information related to your browsing habits is rather suspicious. It is interested in your overall browsing history, the websites that you visit the most, the content that you access on them such as the advertisements that you click on. All this data is required in order to help the publishers to improve the service as well as help third parties to display you the most relevant advertisements. As you might have probably understood, all this collected information will be shared with third parties. Does it seem rather inappropriate? If it is so, you should remove CodecV as soon as possible.
How to erase CodecV?
You should erase CodecV the moment you notice its presence on your system. It is not a very serious threat itself; however, it might cause you some inconvenience. We have provided the instructions for manual removal below. Of course, you can scan your computer with an antimalware tool, for instance, SpyHunter as well. It will do all the work for you and you will not need to worry about different unwanted programs anymore.
How to remove CodecV
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Settings and then access Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate CodecV and select Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button to open the menu.
- Click the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted program.
- Select Uninstall.
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing “Control Panel”.
- Select it when it appears to you and locate the program that you want to erase.
- Right-click on it and then select Uninstall.
- Launch your browser and then press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Under the Toolbars and Extensions, select the extension that needs to be deleted.
- Click on it and then click Disable.
- Open your browser.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously.
- Select Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Select the unwelcome extension and then select the Remove button.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Press Alt+F to open the Chrome menu.
- Select Tools and then go to Extensions.
- Find the extension and then click the recycle bin button.
- Select Remove in the dialog box.
You should still scan your computer after the manual removal because there might be other threats residing in your system. Click on the button below and you will be able to download a free reliable scanner.
tested removal of CodecV*100% FREE spyware scan and