What is Bueno Search?
Bueno Search is a search engine and a browser extension that is generally classified as potentially unwanted program due to possible browser redirections and other undesirable behavior. Although it is not a malicious computer infection as users need to consent with the installation, security experts usually recommend removing Bueno Search from your browser in order to avoid malware infections and other potential threats. It is also very likely that you have installed this application accidentally along with various freeware applications. Such situation calls for cautiousness when you install Bueno Search and other applications on your computer, because you cannot know what dangers might be lurking behind it.
Where does Bueno Search come from?
The official website for Bueno Search is at info.buenosearch.com. However, if you open the website, you will find no download button for the application. It implies that the application is most often downloaded and installed bundled with freeware applications that you encounter on third party websites. For example, Bueno Search could be distributed via cNet and other similar web pages. Either way, it should be pointed out, that Bueno Search cannot be considered a computer infection, because it even provides instructions on how to remove the extension from your computer.
What does Bueno Search do?
According to info.buenosearch.com, the search engine has been created to “provide you with the most comprehensive and easy” way to search the Internet. As you can possibly tell, if you installed the full version of Bueno Search on your PC, your home page and default search engine got changed to buenosearch.com. It also may add a toolbar on your browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), and display a variety of commercial advertisements. In order to provide ad content relevant to your likes and preferences Bueno Search can collect your web browsing data via cookies. It is not a malicious act, but if this collected information gets hacked, you could face serious malware infections.
How to remove Bueno Search?
As it has been mentioned above, Bueno Search is not a computer malware infection, but it is one of those programs that can easily be exploited by malicious third parties. It has a lot of security loopholes and vulnerabilities that makes it into a potentially unwanted program. Remove Bueno Search from your PC right now, and then scan your system with SpyHunter free scanner to check for other potentially dangerous programs that might be hiding in the depths of your system.
Manual Bueno Search Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Bueno Search.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Bueno Search.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Bueno Search.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Open General tab and click Use default button. Click OK.
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove Bueno from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Bueno Search.
- Press Firefox button and go to Options.
- Select General tab and click Restore to Default button. Click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Bueno Search from the list. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and Remove Bueno from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove Bueno.
- Click Settings on the left and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Bueno Search and click Done.
If you encounter any problem while removing Bueno Search do contact us by leaving a comment below.
tested removal of Bueno Search*100% FREE spyware scan and