What is Blekko Search?
Many computer users all over the world use Blekko Search in order to surf the web more conveniently. If you are a registered search engine user, you are allowed to perform personal searches using the innovative slashtag system. Even though the entire Blekko experience seems truly beneficial and safe, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers warn that Blekko Search plugins may travel alongside bundled downloads and may even be unwelcome in your operating system. Moreover, these browser add-ons could collect your personal data and produce third party advertisements. Overall, if you want to remove Blekko Search related programs – you should not hesitate about this task any longer. Please scroll down the page to view removal instructions or continue reading to find out more.
Can Blekko Search leak your personal data?
How to remove Blekko Search?
If you have noticed Blekko Search plugins running on your browsers, or your home page and search engine have been modified, all you have to do is follow the guides presented below. Note that even though the instructions are pretty straightforward, you should be cautious and perform every step with great wariness.
Delete Blekko Search from your browsers
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click on Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Find the unwanted add-on and click Disable.
- Click on Search Providers from the menu on the left.
- Select a preferred search engine and click Set as Default.
- Now select the unwanted search engine and click Remove.
- Click Close and tap Alt+T again.
- Select Internet Options and click on the General tab.
- Find the Home Page, overwrite it and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+H.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Select the Reset Firefox button.
- Click Reset again.
- Once Firefox is done importing data – click Finish.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools.
- Click Extensions.
- Click on the trash icon placed next to the unwanted add-on. Click Remove.
- Now move to the menu on the left and select Settings.
- Mark “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click Set Pages under On Startup.
- Remove the unwanted startup page and Add a new one. Click OK.
- Under Search click on Manage search engines.
- Click Make default on the preferred search engine and click “x” on the unwanted one. Click OK.
Note that if you suspect the activity of malicious programs within your operating Windows system, you should scan your PC with a spyware scanner to check if there are no malignant files you should delete. We recommend installing SpyHunter because it is free of charge and can detect even most clandestine infections.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Blekko Search*
Stop these Blekko Search Processes:
Remove these Blekko Search Files:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\blekkotb_017
Remove these Blekko Search Registry Entries: