What is Apocalypse Ransomware?
If you ever happen to come across a program that is called Apocalypse Ransomware, you should be aware of its malicious functionality. Just like any other application that fits the ransomware category, the malware in question will encrypt your personal data and then will ask for a ransom. On top of that, it is also capable of locking your user interface, meaning that you will not be able to use your personal computer unless you remove this malicious program. In our report, we provide further information regarding the invasive activities of this ransomware, which will realize why the complete removal of Apocalypse Ransomware is essential. Along with a comprehensive removal guide, we present a few virtual security tips that will help you keep your operating system safe and secure at all times.
What does Apocalypse Ransomware do?
Apocalypse Ransomware is not that different from other ransomware programs that are active nowadays. As soon as this malicious program successfully enters your operating system, it will silently start its detrimental functionality. The encryption procedure initiated by this intrusive program is completely silent, so the majority of user will not even be aware that their data is being locked away from them. Timely detection of this ransomware could turn out to be crucial as it could allow you to limit your data loss. As soon as your files are encrypted by this malicious application, your user interface will be locked and you will be presented with a ransom note telling you to that you need to contact the developers of this malware for a decryption procedure. For as long as Apocalypse Ransomware is up and fully running on your operating system, you will not be able to use your PC; this is so because it blocks your Windows Explorer and Task Manager. It is also important to note that paying for the decryption procedure could turn out to be a risk that might have unwanted outcomes since the creators of this malware program could simply trick you as there is no legal guarantee that they will execute it. Therefore, you might not only lose your personal data but a large amount of money as well. Do not hesitate to remove this devious application because that is the only way that you can regain access to your computer. Do not hesitate and remove every single bit of this ransomware by following the instructions that we present below.
How to safeguard your PC from Apocalypse Ransomware
There are a few simple steps that you can take to improve your overall system security. It is critical to know that in quite a few cases Apocalypse Ransomware is distributed via spam e-mail attachments. This means that you must be careful while downloading any attachment. Before obtaining it, you should make sure that the sender is known to you; often users acquire malicious e-mail attachments without even realizing that they have come their way from unknown senders. In addition to that, you should also avoid all suspicious third-party websites as they could turn out to host malicious software. Often just entering sites that host potentially harmful software could be more than enough to infect your operating system since they could prove to be the implemented with an arbitrary code execution exploit. Lastly, but most importantly, make sure to install a professional malware detection and removal tool if you do not have one already. Such a tool is critical to your overall system security as it can detect and warn you about any suspicious programs in advance as well as it can delete any devious content from your PC in an automatic manner. If you take these few preventative steps, you will make your operating system virtually unbreakable.
How to remove Apocalypse Ransomware
The removal procedure of Apocalypse Ransomware should be removed from your operating system without any delay. It is critical to follow the removal instructions that we present below to terminate this malware program entirely. Once you are done with the manual removal, you need to double-check your operating system for potential leftovers associated with this malware since its leftovers could turn out to be enough for this ransomware to continue its functionality. In some cases, users might find the manual removal and the analysis of their PC a bit too challenging; if you happen to be one of such users, make sure to use a professional antimalware tool for all your removal procedures as it can delete Apocalypse Ransomware in an automatic manner.
How to remove Apocalypse Ransomware from your computer
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Restart your PC.
- While the BIOS screen is loading repeatedly tap the F8 key.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your File Explorer and go to C:\Program Files (x86).
- Select and remove the malicious file entitled windowsupdate.exe.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Move your mouse cursor to the lover-left corner of your screen and select the search icon.
- Type PC Settings into the search box and select it.
- Select Update and recovery.
- Click Recovery and select Restart now.
- Click Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.
- Click Startup Settings and then select Restart.
- Tap the F5 key on your keyboard to select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Now open your File Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86).
- Select and remove the malicious file that goes by the name windowsupdate.exe.
- Click the Windows button and choose Settings.
- Select Update & security.
- Click Recovery and choose Restart now located under the Advanced startup section.
- Select Troubleshoot and then click Advanced options.
- Choose Startup Settings.
- Select Restart.
- Tap the F5 key on your keyboard to lauch Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your File Explorer and move to to C:\Program Files (x86).
- Select and delete a malicious file entitled windowsupdate.exe.
- Restart your computer.
- While the BIOS screen is loading tap the F8 key multiple times.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking by using the arrow keys on your keyboard.
- Tap Enter on your keyboard.
- Now open your File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files.
- Find the malicious file called windowsupdate.exe and remove it.
tested removal of Apocalypse Ransomware*100% FREE spyware scan and