What is qv06?
qv06 is a name of a browser hijacker infection that changes your home page and search engine to qvo6.com. What is more, most of your searches get redirected through this website as well. You may not noticed that something is wrong at first, because qv06 looks like a genuine search engine with all the main search functions and sections - Web, Images, Videos, News and so on. What is more, you can even customize the search engine according to your own locale, because qv06 has more than 15 different languages to choose from, including German, Turkish, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and so on. Although at first sight this search engine may not look dangerous at all, you have to remove qv06 from your computer to protect yourself and your system from serious security threats.
What does qv06 do?
The infection enters your system surreptitiously behind your back. It does not prompt you about the oncoming changes and modifies your home page and default search engine without your permission. If you make use of qv06 search engine, you will be provided with customized search results that may look reliable, but there is a high chance, that you will be redirected to websites associated with qv06. Naturally, qv06 is not responsible for third party websites, and you could easily be exposed to dangerous malware infections if you land on a corrupted website. Therefore, it is easy to see that with qv06 you can never be completely sure of your system's security.
How to remove qv06?
Since this infection enters your system behind your back, it is unlikely that you will be able to remove qv06 manually unless you are a computer expert. You should invest in a reliable antimalware program and run a full scan to detect all the component files. Then terminate qv06 automatically and protect your PC from similar infects.
Sometimes the browser default settings are not restored even when qv06 gets removed. To restore your browser settings, do the following:
Remove qv06 from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove qv06 from the list.
Remove qv06 from Mozilla Firefox
- Click Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from drop-down menu.
- Remove qv06 from the list and click OK.
Remove qv06 from Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Under On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Change your home page and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove qv06. Click Done.
After manual removal, run a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner. This way you will make sure that no other dangerous application is present on your PC.
tested removal of qv06*100% FREE spyware scan and