What is Pricegong Virus?
PriceGong Virus, officially known as PriceGong or PriceGong Comparative Shopping Tool, is a browser add-on which is claimed to help you save money. Like other coupons and offers serving browser add-ons, PriceGong indentifies the websites you are at and suggests attractive offers for the product you are interested in. The partners of this application are PriceGrabber.com, Shopzilla, Shopping.com and others. It is possible to acquire a full version for all the browsers which PriceGong is compatible with, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. However, a version only for one particular browsing tool is also available. If you want to be constantly provided with pop-up coupons and offers, you may do not make any changes to the system, but if you have just found ProiceGong on your PC and regard it as a virus because you do not like the pop-up message, you can remove PriceGong Virus right now.
What does PriceGong Virus do?
As it is very important to pay attention to the installation wizards and their wording, you should know how the license agreement of PriceGong 10.6.8 reads:
When you search for a product in e-commerce sites, PriceGong may insert a small tag link inside the HTML page near the product price or near the product details. Clicking on a tag link will send the product details to PriceGong servers to compare prices for the product. If alternative prices or offers are found, they will be displayed in a PriceGong result window.
Additionally, it is clearly stated that if you register or subscribe to services provided by a third-party company, the arrangement and the consequences of the deal is your own responsibility.
In order to provide you with the best offers, PriceGong Virus has to connect to remote servers, and if you have enabled this add-on on all your browsers, you may notice that the Internet speed has decreased a little. Once you delete the plug-in, you can again browse the Internet without being disturbed by unwanted pop-ups.
How to remove PriceGong Virus?
Although it is possible to use spyware removal tools in order to uninstall programs which were bundled with freeware, you can try terminating PriceGong manually. Below you will find instructions which will help you to uninstall PriceGong Virus and remove it from your browsers. If you encounter difficulties while trying to remove it, feel free to leave your comment below.
Uninstall PriceGong Virus from your PC
Remove Pricegong from Windows Vista/7
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program which is located under the heading programs. If you cannot find it, look for Programs and Features.
- Right-click on PriceGong and select Uninstall.
Remove Pricegong from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Select PriceGong and press the Remove button.
Remove Pricegong from Windows 8
- Right-click in the Metro UI and select All apps.
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click on PriceGong to uninstall it.
Remove PriceGong Virus from your browsers
Remove Pricegong from Internet Explorer
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold Alt and press the T key.
- Select Manage Add-ons and go to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable Shopping Assistant Plugin.
Remove Pricegong from Google Chrome
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold Alt and then press the F key.
- Go to Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Remove PriceGong.
Remove Pricegong from Mozilla Firefox
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold Ctrl, then press and hold Shift, and then press the A key to open Add-ons Manager.
- Click on Extensions and remove PriceGong if it is present there. Note that after uninstalling the application in Control Panel, you may not find it on your Firefox.
If you manage to remove PriceGong without difficulties, it is advisable to scan the computer for the infection which might have entered the system while browsing the Internet with PriceGong on your browsers. Try free scanner which you can download by clicking on the download button.
tested removal of Pricegong Virus*100% FREE spyware scan and