What is Politie Office Central Virus?
If you live in Belgium, you should rush to protect your Windows system with authentic security software, before Politie Office Central Virus manages to slither in. The clandestine threat travels with the help of the Filmrans Trojan, and this infection may act without your notice. Once the malicious Trojan is downloaded onto your computer through spam email attachments, misleading advertisement or similar security cracks, its files corrupt the Windows Registry and initiate various malignant processes. Without a doubt, the most annoying of these processes regards the lock-down of your computer. With this in action, you will not be able to access the desktop until you delete Politie Office Central Virus from the personal computer. If you suspect that the ransomware Trojan is already running within the system and you wish to delete it, continue reading to learn more about the removal process.
How does Politie Office Central Virus act?
The highly misleading ransomware is also known as Office Central de Lutte contre la Criminalité Virus. Both of the names derive from authentic law enforcement agencies whose credentials are attached to the screen-locking notification. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers warn that this is not the time to trust the Police, simply because they have nothing to do with the lock-down of the system. The reputable and authoritative credentials have been attached to the misleading notification as a scare tactic for cyber crooks to trick you into paying a fine for bogus cyber crimes. Here is an example from the fake alert:
Attention! Votre ordinateur est bloqué à cause d’un ou de plusieurs motifs indiqués ci-dessous.
Vous avez violé la loi <> (Vidéo, Musique, Logiciel) et vous avez illégalement servi et/ou diffuse le contenu protégé par le droit d’auteur, de ce fait vouz avez violé l’article 128 du Code penal de la Belgique. […]
La some de l’amende fait 100€.
The misleading Politie Office Central Virus uses the same accusations for each of the targeted users, which means that the alert is generic and should not be trusted. Do you think the presented money transfer systems could be trusted with your money? Even though they are authentic, you should be aware that many malware researchers categorize the ransomware as Ukash Virus or Paysafecard Virus just because cyber crooks have employed these systems to collect illegal fines. Overall, it is important that you ignore the fines and delete Politie Office Central Virus from the computer.
How to remove Politie Office Central Virus?
The sooner you remove the clandestine ransomware from the operating Windows system – the better. Since the misleading infection is managed by a Trojan, various malignant components could already be running within the system without your knowledge. Needless to say, these components could be used to convey risky schemes and private data theft. Without further ado, we recommend that you install automatic removal software and do it using the instructions provided below.
Politie Office Central Virus Removal
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen.
- Move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen to open Charm Bar.
- Click Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Move to Advanced Startup and click the Start Now button.
- Click Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> Restart.
- Once the menu shows up again – select F5.
- Launch a browser and go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph .
- Download and install a reliable spyware detection and removal tool.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Restart the computer and wait for BIOS to load.
- Immediately start tapping F8 for the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Using arrow keys select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Install the tool, scan the PC and delete discovered infections.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Firstly restart the computer.
- After BIOS screen disappears, instantaneously start tapping F8.
- Using arrow keys select Safe Mode with Networking from the Windows Advanced Options Menu and tap Enter.
- Click Yes on the ‘Windows is running in safe mode’ alert.
- Open the Start menu and launch RUN.
- Enter msconfig into the Open box and click OK.
- In the System Configuration Utility click the Startup tab.
- Select Disable All and click OK.
- Now download the automatic spyware removal tool SpyHunter.
- Restart the PC and install the tool to delete malicious files and programs.
tested removal of Politie Office Central Virus*