What is POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus?
POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus is a part of a big cyber crime network that includes an extensive list of ransomware infections. This ransomware program is localized for computer users in Belgium. It comes adorned with Belgium Police (Belgique Police Fédérale) insignia and as a result gullible users are made to believe that they have breached several important laws. However, POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus locks down your computer not because you have committed something illegal. This infection does not allow you to enter your system, because it wants your money, and it tries to make you think that the ransom fee it asks of you is a fine you need to pay as soon as possible. It goes without saying that instead of paying the "fine" you need to remove POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus from your computer ASAP.
Where does POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus come from?
As it has been established in the upper paragraph, POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus is not the only ransomware infection out there. The infection can also be called a Ukash Virus, because it comes from Ukash group of computer infections. Just like POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus, there is an entire batch of Ukash group malicious programs distributed by Urausy Trojan. The list includes EC3 Europol Virus, Ireland's National Police Service Virus, Malta Police Association Virus and many others. All of them are localized for a particular country, and they display the fake security notification in the local language, but the main message remains the same:
ATTENTION! Votre ordinateur est bloqué à cause d’un ou de plusieurs motifs, indiqués ci-dessours.
Vous avez visionné ou diffuse le contenu pornographique interdit (Pornographie impliquant des enfants/Zoophilie and etc), ayant violé l’article 202 du Code penal de la Belgique.
Vous ne pouvez payer l’amende que pendant 72 heures après la violation. À l’expiration de 72 heures la possibilité de payer l’amende est annulée, une affaire pénale contre vous sera pendant prochaines 72 heures automatiquement ouverte!
La somme de l’amende fait 100€. Utilisez PaySafeCard ou Ukash.
As you can see in the message above from POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus, the users are accused of storing and distributing child pornography among other things. The infection requires users to transfer a 100 euro fine via Ukash or PaySafeCard. As these alternative payment systems does not require a credit card number or a bank account, the entire scope of infection growths, because it can target even those users who do not keep their money in a bank.
How to remove POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus?
In order to terminate this infection you need to unlock your PC first. We provide instructions on how to do that below. Once your desktop access is restored, invest in a powerful antimalware program to delete POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus for good.
How to unlock your PC
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Reboot the PC and tap F8 repeatedly.
- If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try again.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Options menu and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and launch a full system scan.
For Windows XP
- Follow the steps above from 1 to 3.
- Click Yes on a confirmation dialog box.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start Menu and click Run.
- Type in "msconfig" into Open box and click OK.
- Open Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Un-check all programs on the list and click OK.
- Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and run a full system scan.
For Windows 8
- Press Windows key for metro Start GUI to appear.
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings on Charms bar and click Change PC Settings.
- Go to General and scroll down to Advanced Startup. Click Restart Now.
- Open Troubleshoot and go to Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Settings and click Restart. Wait for BIOS to load.
- Press F5 to choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Access http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and perform a full system scan.
Should you have any question about how to remove POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus from your PC, leave us a comment below.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of POLITIE Belgique Police Fédérale Virus*