What is Linkury Smart Bar?
The suspicious Linkury Smart Bar is a browser extension which will enable a number of suspicious programs onto your personal computer, most notably the questionable DefaultTab extension. Even though the application is promoted through a number of different sources, including linkury.com, linkurysmartbar.com, linkury.net or linkury.biz, you can install it only through third-party software distributors. Our Anti-Spyware-101.com developers have analyzed the program acquired though Cnet’s downloader. It is quite suspicious that the smartbar itself is not downloaded onto the web browsers, and you are forced to download MyPC Backup and DefaultTab.
Additionally, you are offered to install the Messenger Plus! Chrome Community Smartbar. None of these applications are installed onto your personal computer without your notifications, which is why you should not treat them as malicious. Nonetheless, we do recommend that you remove Linkury Smart Bar related software. Please continue reading to learn how to delete it.
Why should you delete Linkury Smart Bar?
The main reason behind the suggested removal is the uselessness of the applications related to the suspicious smartbar. The Messenger smartbar is completely worthless, and the DefaultTab is often recognized as a potentially unwanted plugin. This tab extension shows up on the top section of your browsers with the ‘Search Here’ note. If you click the icon, which resembles the Windows logo, you are introduced to the drop-down menu. This menu ads quick links to Facebook, Amazon, Wikipedia, Twitter or eBay. Note that the default search engine routes you to the unreliable search engine mysearchresults.com, which is powered by Search Results.
If you use the questionable search engine to find information, you will constantly be exposed to third-party advertisements. Note that the search results are separated in 4 different sections. The one on the right produces the so-called ‘Related Searches’. The top and bottom sections of the search results are Ads, and only the middle section represents the actual information you were trying to find. Even though it is unfair to state that the search engine is malicious, you never know what you could find when you click on the presented sponsored link. Note that some cyber criminals camouflage themselves as authentic online marketeers to expose you to corrupted advertisements. If you clicked on such bogus ads, malicious programs could be installed without your knowledge.
How to remove Linkury Smart Bar?
Without a doubt, it would be best to have the suspicious programs related to Linkury Smart Bar removed. You can find much more reliable and beneficial browser extensions which would not expose you to any suspicious advertisements and which would not force you to install secondary software. Please follow the instructions provided below to get the undesirable programs removed manually.
Remove Linkury Smart Bar from Windows
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click anywhere on the background and select All apps.
- Open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want deleted and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows Vista & Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Click the Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs, select the undesirable application and click Remove.
Delete Linkury Smart Bar from web browsers
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Click Tools and then Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin icon placed on the right of the undesirable extension.
- Select Remove.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Select Extensions in the Add-ons Manager.
- Click the Remove button placed next to the unwanted add-on.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the undesirable extension.
- Select Search Providers and Remove Search Here.
- Click Close.
If you want to be 100% sure that the programs have been removed – install an authentic spyware detection tool which could locate unwanted programs as well. Without a doubt, we also strongly recommend that you install authentic spyware detection and removal software to guard the PC against truly malicious software.
tested removal of Linkury Smart Bar*100% FREE spyware scan and