What is Kovter Virus?
If you have noticed a full-screen warning claiming that “Your computer has been locked!”, it is very probable that your system has been infected with Kovter Virus. This program is the newest ransomware, which mean that it is going to act very similarly as FBI Virus and Central Security Service Virus. Kovter Virus itself will lock your desktop with a misleading screen-size warning, which means that you will not be able to access your documents and programs. This tactics is used in order to encourage you into paying a ransom, which is $300. However, you should definitely not do that if you do not want to lose your money. Even though the removal of Kovter Virus is not very easy, you will not experience any difficulties if you use the instructions that we have provided for you below the article.
How does Kovter Virus act?
In order to trick you into paying a ransom, Kovter Virus will provide you a list of laws that you have supposedly violated. In most cases, users are accused of downloading and distributing illegal content, for instance, child pornography. As there are logos of governmental institutions and IP address provided, many people believe that it is a real message. Some computer users seek to avoid a more serious fine which is, of course, non-existent and thus pay money. However, you should just simply ignore similar messages and hurry to remove the ransomware from your system:
Any individual who violates, or attempts to violate, or conspires to violate mentioned laws shall be sentenced a mandatory terms of imprisonment from 4 to 30 years and shall be fined up to $250,000.
As ransomware is a rather serious threat, we believe that nobody wants to infect the system with it again. In order to avoid Kovter Virus and similar malware, you should definitely keep your antimalware tool enabled. What is more, keep in mind that ransomware might enter your system through a downloaded file and a vulnerability in the network service mainly, which is why you should never download suspicious software from unreliable websites and open spam attachments.
How to get rid of Kovter Virus?
If your system is already infected with Kovter Virus, you should know that there is no need to pay a ransom because this unwanted program can be removed from your system. Unfortunately, the manual removal is extremely difficult even for experienced computer users, which is why we recommend that you follow the instructions provided below the article in order to be able to download a reliable tool like SpyHunter and scan your system with it.
How to remove Kovter Virus
- Reboot your computer.
- Start tapping F8 when BIOS screen disappears.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using arrow keys and then tap Enter.
- Click Yes.
- Open the Start menu and launch RUN.
- Type msconfig info the field and then click OK.
- Select the Startup tab and click the Disable all button. Click OK.
- Open your browser and download an antimalware tool from http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph.
- Restart your computer, install the tool, and scan your system.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Restart your computer.
- Start tapping F8 when BIOS loads up.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Tap Enter.
- Visit http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph.
- Download the antimalware tool, install it, and delete all the infections.
- Tap the Windows key.
- Launch your browser and visit http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph.
- Download an antimalware tool SpyHunter and install it.
- Launch its scanner in order to delete threats.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the removal of Kovter Virus, you can always leave your question in the comment box and we will answer as soon as possible.
tested removal of Kovter Virus*100% FREE spyware scan and