What is Interpol Virus?
Interpol Virus is a ransomware infection which has been created to make computer users think that it is a legitimate warning initiated by Interpol. The misleading message contains the credentials of the institution even though it has nothing to do with its creators. In order to deceive the user into paying a particular sum of money, Interpol Virus disables access to the system. The user is restricted from accessing the desktop or any other parts of the system, which is why it is necessary to remove threat by implementing a powerful malware removal tool.
Why is the computer blocked?
The system is said to have been locked due to the alleged crimes which are presented in the warning. Even thought the interfaces of Interpol Virus vary, the contents of the notifications are more or less the same. The user is accused of violating laws on the use of copyrighted or pornographic material and in order to unlock the computer and obviate the supposed legal actions, the user is expected to pay a fine.
Typically, the ransom money is either Euros or U.S. dollars. It has been noticed that the latest ransomware infections containing the credentials of Interpol demand either €300 or $300. It is also required that the money be transferred via Ukash or Paysafecard. There are also some instanced where Green Dot MoneyPak is supposed to be used. In the latest instances of ransomware targeted at Western Asia, instead of the services mentioned, the user is expected to transfer the money via CashU. Some of the threats which are related to this online payment method are The State of Qatar Ministry of Interior CashU virus and Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Virus.
As to the Trojan which distributes the so-called Interpol Virus, it has been found that such malware as Urausy and Reveton have some interfaces which contain the emblem of Interpol. Nevertheless, once Interpol Virus or any ransomware spam paralyzes the system, it is vital to take immediate actions in order to remove the threat. As you may know, this type of malware can run alongside other threats which may drop dangerous files, inject malicious codes and so on. To prevent all of this, do not wait and delete Interpol Virus.
How to remove Interpol Virus?
In order to remove the threat in question, you should use a spyware removal tool. Do not try to terminate the infection manually, as you will have to edit the Registry, look for and delete files which are named randomly by the infection, and stop malicious processes. Even if you know how to delete malware, it is still necessary to examine the system to find out whether it contains other computer infections or not. To do so, we recommend using SpyHunter which you will install properly by using the instructions provided.
Interpol Virus Removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Restart the computer.
- Start tapping the F8 key as soon as the BIOS splash screen loads.
- Using the up/down arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Open the browser and go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com-download-sph to download SpyHunter.
- Install the software and remove Interpol Virus.
- Reboot the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS screen to load and tap the F8 key.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using the up or down arrow key.
- Press the Enter key.
- On the dialog box, click Yes.
- Go to the Start menu and launch Run.
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- Open the Startup tab.
- Uncheck all startup entries and click Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the application and scan the PC to detect Interpol Virus.
- Press the Windows key.
- Click the Internet Explorer tile.
- Type http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and press Enter.
- Download or run the installer.
- Launch a system scan once the installation is finished.
tested removal of Interpol Virus*100% FREE spyware scan and