What is Internet Helper Toolbar?
Internet Helper Toolbar is a browser add-on developed by Conduit. The application is available at software.informer.com, ourtoolbar.com, and other websites. Needless to say, Internet Helper Toolbar can be bundled with three applications. If the toolbar is installed onto your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, do not think that the browsers are hijacked. It is likely that you have agreed to have the settings changed, but do not worry; soon you will find out how to remove the unwanted browser add-on with ease.
What does Internet Helper Toolbar do?
If you are a savvy computer user, you may know that the products of Conduit are very often detected as potentially unwanted. The fact that Internet Helper Toolbar is owned by Conduit means that you will have to use the search engine which is comes along with the toolbar. If you do not read the information provided by the installer, and tick or un-tick specific boxes, the home page and the search engine of the browsers can be changed to search.conduit.com. You will find that the search provider is presented as Internet helper Customized Web Search. We recommend that you remove the toolbar as the search engine and the startup page usually displays advertisements that may have no connect to your earlier search queries.
As to the very toolbar, it bears a few links or buttons. It contains a search box, a button that allows you to see highlighted keywords on the search result page, and a home button. Once installed, the toolbar displays a box offering to add some additional buttons or links. For instance, you can add an online radio player, a button that can show weather forecasts, and an inbuilt E-mail Notifier.
If you do now want to be monitored by Internet Helper Toolbar, which is likely to occur, you should remove it from the computer. Note that some other program can be installed alongside the toolbar. For instance, if you download Internet Helper Toolbar from ourtoolbar.com, you are given two offers for additional applications, which are Nitro PDF Reader and Tune Utilities 2013, which are quite common as regards bundled downloads.
How to remove Internet Helper Toolbar?
The removal of Internet Helper Toolbar can be performed in two ways. First, you can try removing it manually. You will uninstall the toolbar and then restore the previous settings of the browsers. It is possible that only minor changes will be necessary as after the uninstall procedures some of the settings are restored automatically. Second, you can remove the toolbar with the help of a spyware removal tool. Our Anti-Spyware-101.com team highly recommends that you choose the latter option as your PC needs to be protected against various computer infections, too. Use SpyHunter if you want to remove the toolbar and safely browser the Internet. Still doubting? Implement its free scanner available below to see how easily it can detect the unwanted application.
Manual Internet Helper Toolbar Removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the toolbar to uninstall it.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Mark the program you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- In Metro mode, type control panel.
- Click the Control Panel icon.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove the unwanted application.
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from your browsers
- Click the icon next to the search box and select a new search engine.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open Add-ons Manager.
- Click Extensions and remove Internet helper.
- Click Plugins, and remove Conduit Plugin.
- Close the tab and press Alt+T.
- Click Options.
- On the General tab, change the home page and click OK.
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click Search Providers, set a new search provider and remove the unwanted search engine.
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, change the home page and press OK.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click settings and find the On startup section.
- Select the third option and click Set pages.
- Change the startup age.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines and change the search provider.
Do not forget to scan the PC once you finish removing the infections as some unwanted components may be left within the system.
tested removal of Internet Helper Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and