What is Holasearch.com?
Holasearch.com is a suspicious browser engine which is powered through a pay-per-click system and which has been created to promote various third party products. Even though the source does not seem threatening it is a must to stay cautious when using it for regular search tasks. In fact, it would be best to choose another, more reliable search engine. Have your home page and default search engine been modified and now you seem to have no other option but to browse the web using the suspicious Hola Search? If yes – your operating Windows system has been corrupted by a browser hijacker. No matter which web browser you use – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer – the infection may affect your PC. What happens after this? The only thing on your mind should be Holasearch.com removal.
How does Holasearch.com act?
Even though such search modules as Mail, Maps or Calendar at the top bar of Holasearch.com route you to the services of Google, you should not trust it equally as much. As a matter of fact, it is recommended that you do not even interact with the browser hijacker because any action could activate browser cookies and similar technologies. Even though in general these so-called technologies may enhance your browsing experience, it is unclear how schemers could utilize them. For example, malicious tracking cookies and BHO could be used to spy on your online actions and even steal personal data, including private user names and passwords. Even though this is just a possibility, you should not take any risks and remove Holasearch.com hijacker.
How to remove Holasearch.com?
To delete Holasearch.com hijacker you should employ tried and tested spyware removal software which could detect and remove the threat in no time. Unfortunately, some security tools do not categorize the threat as malicious; therefore, we recommend that you install SpyHunter. The application is constantly updated to identify new threats and is powerful enough to fight all types of malware. Once you remove the malicious hijacker from the PC, do not forget to change the home page/search engine settings if they were modified without your authorization.
Fix Browser Settings
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and go to Home Page.
- Change/remove the unwanted URL and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T once again and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions and Remove the unwanted extension. Click Close.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages, click Set pages, then remove/overwrite the provided URL and click OK.
- Move to Search, click Manage search engines and delete (click X) the undesirable search provider. Click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and change/remove the provided URL. Click OK.
- Click the icon on the left of the search box and select Manage search engines.
- Remove the undesirable search engine and click OK.
tested removal of Holasearch.com*100% FREE spyware scan and