What is Findwide Search?
Findwide Search (Search.Findwide.com) is a search engine that some malware researchers may classify as a browser hijacker because it can be set as a home page of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The changes can be made if you do not uncheck appropriate check boxes while installing some program. We recommend you remove Findwide Search in order to prevent unexpected system disorders cause by computer infections.
Why is it necessary to remove Findwide Search?
Once findwide.com becomes your home page and search provider, you will not be able to avoid links directing you to advertising websites which may be irrelevant to your search queries. The fact that third-party links may be included to the search results is stated in the privacy terms of the search engine, too. According to the information on the search engine, it is said to return the best search results from various search engines. As a result, you will not be provided with duplicates; however, does it mean that you really can use Findwide Search safely?
If you have found Findwide Search on your browsing tools and want to get rid of it, you should do it right now. Below you will find removal instructions; but before taking actions to remove the unwanted search engine, you should also know that Findwide Search promotes Findwide.com toolbar which is available at support.findwide.com. The toolbar is said to be downloaded from mirror.mirror-files.com, and if you acquire this toolbar but do not uncheck two options, your home page will be changed to Search.us.com:
Set Search.us.com as my IE and Firefox browser(s) home page.
Set Search.us.com as my IE and Firefox browser(s) default search provider.
However, we found that Google Chrome is still affected. The toolbar was not installed on this browser but a new tab may be opened as start.search.us.com. You will also find its add-on Search.us.com Toolbar on the Google extensions list, so if you have also downloaded this toolbar and want to remove it from the PC, do it immediately.
How to remove Findwide Search?
We want to present two options. The first option for removing Findwide Search is manual removal. Below you will find our instructions which will help you access Control Panel and remove the unwanted applications and then change the settings of your browsers. The second option is automatic removal which means that you should install a reliable spyware removal tool which will delete all the unwanted programs for you. We recommend that you use SpyHunter as it can eliminate Findwide Search and protect the PC against computer infections. If you decide to remove the so-called hijacker manually, you can scan the machine with a free scanner.
Findwide Search removal
- Click Start - > Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program that has caused the changes and click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted program.
- Move the mouse over the bottom left corner of the screen.
- When a minimized version of your Start Screen or desktop pops up, right-click it.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the program you want to remove.
Remove Findwide Search from your browsers
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options - > Advanced.
- Click Reset.
- Tick the check box given and click Reset - > Close.
- Pres Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox -> Reset Firefox - > Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted toolbar, for example Search.us.com Toolbar.
- Click Settings.
- In the On startup section, click Set pages remove the unwanted URL. Set a new one.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines and remove the unwanted one. Click Done.
To make sure that the computer is not infected with dangerous threats, scan the PC with our free scanner.
tested removal of Findwide Search*100% FREE spyware scan and