What is SmartShopSave.com?
It is rather odd for a search engine to be called SmartShopSave.com, because it implies that it has something to do with shopping. However, it is an all-round search engine, but one that you should remove, because it is nothing more than a browser hijacker. This search engine comes bundled with malicious installers that set it as your browser’s default homepage without your permission. Nevertheless, this search engine has additional problems that we are going to cover throughout this article. We are also going to discuss how SmartShopSave.com is distributed, how it works, and how you can get rid of it. So without further ado, let us get to it.
Where does SmartShopSave.com come from?
It is becoming sort of a cliché, but like most browser hijackers, this one does not provide any information about its developers. However, this just goes to show how untrustworthy this alleged search engine really is. Furthermore, SmartShopSave.com’s distribution methods are as shady as they can get. Its clandestine developers have turned to software bundling as a means for getting it secretly injected into your browser. It must be noted that software bundles that contain this browser hijacker are likely to be promoted via adware while being disguised as Java, Adobe Flash, and other kinds of update notifications/offers. Obviously, the software SmartShopSave.com comes bundled varies, but in general it comes bundled with other malicious software, such as adware, bad toolbars, and so on. Now that we know how this browser hijacker is distributed, let us move on to how it operates.
What does SmartShopSave.com do?
How do I remove SmartShopSave.com?
To our knowledge, SmartShopSave.com may be set as you browser’s homepage by a malicious software installer and a dedicated program or browser extension. In different cases, this browser hijacker may act differently, so we have composed a universal guide that will help you remove SmartShopSave.com manually. Keep in mind that continuing to use it will expose you to unreliable content, so the sooner you get rid of this injection the better.
SmartShopSave.com removal instructions
- Press Windows Key+R.
- Enter Control Panel in the dialog box and click OK.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the application.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Windows Vista and 7
- Navigate the mouse to the lower-left of the screen.
- Click the Start menu button and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Locate the unwanted software and click Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the software.
Restore your browser’s settings to default
- Press Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Refresh Firefox again when the dialog box appears.
- Click Finish.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+T and open Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select the checkbox.
- Click Reset and Close.
- Press Alt+F and open Settings.
- Select Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset settings and click Reset again.
tested removal of SmartShopSave.com*100% FREE spyware scan and