What is Confédération Suisse Virus?
Confédération Suisse Virus is a ransomware infection that attacks users in Switzerland. It employs the usual tactics of ransomware infections from the same group by blocking your desktop, and demanding a ransom fee. Confédération Suisse Virus displays a notification on your desktop that is supposedly sent by Swiss Federal Office of Police, and you are accused of copyright infringement by downloading and illegally distributing copyrighted material. Unfortunately, a huge number of users do end up believing that their computers are locked, because they have been found out by the Swiss police, but that is very far from truth.
Where does Confédération Suisse Virus come from?
Confédération Suisse Virus is a variant of Bundesamt für Polizei virus. It is from the Ukash Virus group of ransomware infections that can be delivered by Reveton and Urausy trojans. However, trojans are not the only mean of distribution for Confédération Suisse Virus and other ransomware infections so be careful when you browse the Internet, and do not click on unknown outgoing links or flash advertisements that pop up into your screen. However, if you get infected with Confédération Suisse Virus in the end, it is important to remain calm and do not pay anything to this infection, because it will not unlock your computer no matter what it might say:
Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt!
Die Funktion Ihres Computer wurde aufgrund unerlaubter Internethandlungen auβer Kraftgesetzt.
Die Summe der Geldbuβe betrāgt 100 Euro. Die Bezahlung muss innerhalb von 48 Stunden nach Kundgabe des Verstoβes entrichtet wird, wird automatisch ein Strafverfahren gegen Sie eingeleitet.
Although Confédération Suisse Virus might give you a time limit to transfer the ransom fee via Ukash or PaySafeCard (it might be 48 or 72 hours), do not fret, because the infection cannot initiate a criminal case against you, even though it says so.
How to remove Confédération Suisse Virus?
In order to remove this ransomware infection, you need to unlock your computer first. Follow the instructions below to get your desktop back and proceed with Confédération Suisse Virus removal:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart your computer and press F8 continuously once BIOS screen loads.
- If you see Windows logo appear, restart the computer and try again.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
- Go to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and proceed with a full system scan.
- Follow the steps above from 1 to 3.
- Click Yes when a confirmation box appears.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Click Start Menu button and launch Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into Open box and press OK.
- Click Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Un-check all programs on the list and click OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and run a full system scan.
Should you have any questions regarding this infection, do not hesitate to leave us a comment below.
tested removal of Confédération Suisse Virus*100% FREE spyware scan and