What is Conduit virus?
If you have discovered the suspicious Conduit virus on your personal computer you may be extremely surprised. Where did it come from? Who is responsible for the existence of this suspicious application? Even though we refer to the program as a virus in reality it is just a highly questionable search tool, also known as search.conduit.com, which has the traits of a browser hijacker. Many Windows users affected by the so-called virus claim that the threat can take over Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers without any consent. This is not something that Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have discovered. In reality, what is believed to be an infection is nothing more but a potentially unwanted program (PUP). If you wish to remove Conduit virus from the computer and your web browsers continue reading this report.
How does Conduit virus act?
As mentioned before Conduit virus may appear as a browser hijacker. This is due to the fact that it can change the home page and search provider settings without much notice. Nonetheless, as our research team has discovered most computer users are asked to confirm/agree to the changes initiated by the application. Note that the Conduit Search tools are usually bundled together with Conduit toolbars, such as Trustworthy Toolbar, Freecorder Toolbar, Entrusted Toolbar or Freecause Toolbar. If you are not cautious about the installation process of any of these browser plugins, there is a possibility that you will end up with potentially unwanted programs installed.
As soon as Conduit virus is activated onto the computer you may discover that search.conduit.com is set as the home page of all existing browsers and Customized Web Search has replaced the previous default search provider. This is likely done with your knowledge, or you simply have not noticed the automatic agreement represented during the installation of a particular browser plugin. Overall, it is strongly recommended that you delete Conduit virus because the search tool is unreliable. We also recommend that you delete any programs linked to the suspicious search application.
How to remove Conduit virus?
To have Conduit virus removed from the operating system and browsers you can follow the manual removal instructions below. The presented steps are quite straightforward and you should have no issues even if you have no removal experiences. Of course this does not mean that your PC is safe to use after you get rid of the undesirable program. In order to ensure that Windows is safe to run – employ authentic spyware detection and removal software.
Delete Conduit virus from the PC
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and select Change or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable program.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the background of the Metro UI start screen.
- Select All apps, open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove Conduit virus from browsers
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F to open a menu and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup, click Set pages and overwrite/remove the default URL. Click OK.
- Move to Appearance, click Change and overwrite/delete the default URL. Click OK.
- Move to Search, click Manage search engines and delete the unwanted search provider by clicking the displayed X mark. Click OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Move to Home Page, overwrite/remove the URL and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox and simultaneously tap Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox and confirm the selection.
- Click Finish.
If you have any questions related to spyware removal or you have questions regarding Conduit virus removal, you can post them in the comment section down below. Our experienced spyware researchers will respond to you shortly.
tested removal of Conduit virus*100% FREE spyware scan and