What is Blingee Plus Toolbar?
Blingee Plus Toolbar is a browser add-on that installs an extension on your default browser and may even change your default home page and search engine, if you go through the installation automatically. Unlike real browser hijackers Blingee Plus Toolbar informs you about all the oncoming changes, and it is up to you whether you want this application installed on your computer or not. Nevertheless, computer security experts label Blingee Plus Toolbar as potentially unwanted program which means that it could be related to various security risks. Thus, uninstall Blingee Plus Toolbar from your computer if you want to avoid any potential threats.
tested removal of Blingee Plus Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and
Where does Blingee Plus Toolbar come from?
Since this application is not a malicious computer infection, users initiate the toolbar installation themselves. You may easily download the application at blingee.com/plus which is the official home page for this browser add-on. The toolbar’s download is initiated once you click Download Now button at the top right of the page.
However, if this toolbar is installed on your browser and you have no idea where it came from, it might be the case that Blingee Plus Toolbar has arrived bundled with freeware or even adware. Such freeware applications often “travel” in groups, and the official websites are not their only distributors. Whenever you download some shareware app from a third party file hosting page, you might as well download Blingee Plus Toolbar bundled with it too. Hence, it is import to follow freeware installation steps closely.
What does Blingee Plus Toolbar do?
The main function of the toolbar is to provide you with additional features for your profile pictures and other type of media. Some of the features provided by Blingee Plus Toolbar include “Blingee Motions and Layers” which add new layers to your photos. You can also make snapshots, stamps and postcards out of your pictures, which essentially turns Blingee Plus Toolbar into a mini photo editing program.
Nevertheless, it may also exhibit some unwanted behavior. For example, if you click Download Now button without having un-checked the boxes above it, your default home page and search page will be changed for blingeeplus.searchcanvas.com. It is not a malicious cyber practice, because after all Blingee Plus Toolbar informs you about the oncoming change, but even so such browser settings modification may eventually expose you to even more potentially corrupted third party content. It is a security risk you should not ignore.
How to remove Blingee Plus Toolbar?
If it was not your intention to keep Blingee Plus Toolbar on your computer, or you find that this extension slows down your browser, we recommend removing Blingee Plus Toolbar from the system. In case the application has arrived bundled with freeware, scan the PC with SpyHunter free scanner to determine what other programs should be deleted from your PC. Also, do not forget to restore your browser settings, and in case you have any further questions, please contact us by leaving a comment below.
Manual Blingee Plus Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charm bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Blingee Plus Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Got o Uninstall a program and remove Blingee Plus Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and open Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall Blingee Plus Toolbar.
Restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Search The Web.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Internet options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and press OK.
- Click Firefox button and go to Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Search the web from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Under On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine; delete Search the Web and press Done.