What is www1.search-results.com Redirect?
www1.search-results.com is a website that gets entered as your homepage and default search engine when you download and install IAC Search & Media browser plugins bundled with freeware. Browser toolbars that are related to www1.search-results.com include Search Results Toolbar and Searchnu Toolbar, although if you download something from a third party, it is very likely that www1.search-results.com is attached to any free software application, because it is possible to exploit such extensions due to their low security levels. www1.search-results.com website can affect Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. You should remove www1.search-results.com from your PC and restore default browser settings in order to protect yourself and your computer from dangerous malware infections.
What does www1.search-results.com do?
At first glance it may seem that www1.search-results.com is a legitimate search engine that allows you to search perform a Web, Image and Video search. However, if you really try searching for something through this website you will only get redirected to an error page with no search results at all. What is more, based on its Policy that is displayed online, www1.search-results.com collects such information as your IP address, your browsing history, your browser type and so on. This website is using cookies to monitor your browsing habits, thus possibly exposing you to various acts of cyber criminals. After all, the fact that www1.search-results.com does not function properly should ring the alarm that something is not right about this website.
How to remove www1.search-results.com?
Since there is no exact plugin that is related to www1.search-results.com 100%, you will need to remove all unfamiliar or unwanted plugins (mostly developed by IAC Search & Media) from your browsers, to stop www1.search-results.com from collecting your information. Also, you will need to restore your default browser settings to stop redirections from occurring. What is more, you should perform a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner, because there is a possibility that your system has been exposed to malware. Make sure that no malware programs are present on your PC, and if there are any, remove them at once.
www1.search-results.com removal instructions
For Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Remove any unfamiliar programs you see installed.
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove unfamiliar applications.
For Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall unknown programs.
Restore default browser settings
For Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Remove unfamiliar extensions from Toolbars and Extensions and click Search Providers on the left.
- Select another search engine as default one, and remove www1.search-results.com.
- Press Alt+X again and click Internet Options.
- Remove www1.search-results.com from home page section under General tab and enter a new home page address.
- Click OK and restart your browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox and eventually click Finish.
For Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Click Extensions and terminate unfamiliar plugins.
- Click Settings on the left and locate On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove www1.search-results.com and enter a new home page. Click OK.
- Locate Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove www1.search-results.com and choose a new default search engine.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
tested removal of www1.search-results.com Redirect*100% FREE spyware scan and
Remove these www1.search-results.com Redirect Registry Entries: