What is Websearch.pu-result.info?
Unauthorized rerouting to Websearch.pu-result.info should not be ignored at any point because this is the main symptom signaling the existence of a potentially dangerous browser hijacker. Generally web hijackers are utilized to expose the targeted user to various sponsored websites and advertisement. Besides being extremely irritating, this is what schemers could use to infect your personal computer with spyware. Therefore, even though at first the suspicious infection may appear harmless, you certainly need to remove it from the operating Windows system. Note that you also may need to change browser settings as before you delete Websearch.pu-result.info hijacker it can modify the home page and search engine of your web browsers.
How does Websearch.pu-result.info act?
The moment you are routed to the suspicious search engine you are greeted with an advertisement displayed below the search box. Neither the search nor the online ads should be trusted because they are not reliable. According to our Anti-Spyware-101.com spyware experts, following the advertisements could lead you into exposing your identifiable data or visiting sites which may install third-party cookies on your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. It has been discovered that the search engine provides you with search.smartaddressbar.com searches, which usually promotes sponsored links. Additionally, you may notice that all of your searches are continuously interrupted by the uncontrollable redirecting to the Websearch.pu-result.info page. This is because alongside the browser hijacker your PC will also be infected with Sprotection. This application also needs to be deleted.
How to remove Websearch.pu-result.info?
If you think you can delete the malicious, clandestine browser hijacker manually, make sure you act with caution so that no mistakes are done. This operation is suitable for experienced Windows users only, and the rest should install automatic spyware removal software to delete the hijacker and utilize the manual instructions below to change the unwanted home page and search engine settings.
Remove undesirable home page or search engine
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and navigate to Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the provided URL and click OK.
- Now click the icon placed on the left of the search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines.
- Select the unwanted provider and Remove it. Click OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite the provided Home Page URL and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T once more and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the unwanted options. Click Close.
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages, click Set pages, then overwrite the default startup URL and click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and remove (click X) the unwanted provider. Click OK.
Once you remove Websearch.pu-result.info from the computer, make sure that your operating Windows system is protected against malicious schemers’ attacks. Install reliable software to keep your virtual security protected reliably.
tested removal of Websearch.pu-result.info*100% FREE spyware scan and