What is Websearch.fastosearch.info?
Websearch.fastosearch.info is a browser hijacker that users often mistake for a legitimate search engine. It is a common mistake, because Websearch.fastosearch.info looks like a decent search provider. However, trusting this browser hijacker would be a mistake, because it is related to a number of adware applications and it has been created to help its creators make easy money. It is strongly recommended to remove Websearch.fastosearch.info from your computer if you want to avoid various computer security threats. While you are at it, do not hesitate to remove other potentially unwanted applications as well.
tested removal of Websearch.fastosearch.info*100% FREE spyware scan and
Where does Websearch.fastosearch.info come from?
It is clear that Websearch.fastosearch.info seldom travels alone. After all, it comes from a big family of browser hijackers that includes such domains as websearch.webisgreat.info, websearch.searchsun.info or websearch.searchinweb.info. All of these search engines share the same company – justplug.it. What is more, there is no one direct link that would allow you to download Websearch.fastosearch.info onto your computer.
Our research has shown that Websearch.fastosearch.info is usually bundled with freeware applications that are downloaded from third party sources. In fact, sometimes even legitimate software programs might be bundled with Websearch.fastosearch.info, especially if they are downloaded from third party websites. Thus, if you want to download some application, make sure that you download it from a legal homepage.
What does Websearch.fastosearch.info do?
Websearch.fastosearch.info usually enters computer together with such freeware apps as EZDownloader and PC Optimizer Pro. Upon the installation, this browser hijacker changes your default homepage and search engine to Websearch.fastosearch.info. It also installs extensions to all main browsers – Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. The names of these extensions are often generated at random. It might be SNT, SearchNewTab, SeeArch—NewTaab, SNNT and so on.
Websearch.fastosearch.info displays commercial flash advertisements on its homepage and you might also be exposed to a variety of ads when you perform a web search. It is important that you avoid clicking any kind of ad delivered by Websearch.fastosearch.info. These ads could be embedded with potentially corrupted links that lead to unsafe websites.
Basically, it means that in order to avoid computer security issues, you need to remove Websearch.fastosearch.info and all the related applications from your computer right now.
How to remove Websearch.fastosearch.info?
To terminate Websearch.fastosearch.info, you need to remove the applications that have arrived with it. You can uninstall them via Control Panel. However, manual removal via Control Panel does not affect your browser settings. You will need to remove Websearch.fastosearch.info from your browser manually.
Afterwards, you should scan the PC with SpyHunter free scanner in order to check for other unwanted applications. As it has been mentioned, Websearch.fastosearch.info is known to travel with PC Optimizer Pro, EZDownloader and other potentially unwanted programs. Terminate all the suspicious applications and then invest in a powerful antimalware tool if need be. Your computer security should be your utmost priority.
Remove adware from PC
- Slide mouse cursor to the bottom right of your desktop.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove SNT or SearchNewTab.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove SearchNewTab or SNT.
- Click Start menu button and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or remove programs and uninstall SNT or SearchNewTab.
Remove Websearch.fastosearch.info from browser
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Click Use Default button under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Select Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Web Search.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Web Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Click Restore to Default button under General tab and press OK.
- Press Alt+T again and click Add-ons.
- Disable and remove all the unwanted plug-ins from Extensions.
- Restart browser for the changes to take effect.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Open Extensions and remove SNT and other add-ons.
- Click Settings on the left.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup.
- Click Set pages and change your homepage address. Click OK.
- Under Appearance, click Change next to Show home button.
- Remove Websearch.fastosearch.info, enter a new homepage address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Web Search and press Done.