What is Television Fanatic toolbar?
Television Fanatic Toolbar is a browser plugin that is often considered a potentially unwanted program. There are several browser extensions called Television Fanatic, and almost all of them are used to stream TV shows via personal computer. However, Television Fanatic Toolbar does not seem to be related to any of them, as the toolbar comes from a group of browser plugins that eventually could prove to be dangerous to your system. Therefore, users are always encouraged to remove Television Fanatic Toolbar and similar extensions from their computers, preventing various malicious infections from entering their computers.
Where does Television Fanatic Toolbar come from?
Due to the fact that the full setup of Television Fanatic Toolbar modifies default browser settings, users tend to think that this add-on is a browser hijacker. However, that is not the case as the toolbar does ask for your permission when it comes to installation. Television Fanatic Toolbar belongs to the Conduit family of browser extensions, and as such it is directly related to other browser plugins, such as Freecorder Toolbar, Travelocity Toolbar, VisualBee Toolbar and others.
You can also easily download Television Fanatic Toolbar onto your computer on your own. The toolbar can be downloaded at televisionfanatic.ourtoolbar.com. It may also come bundled with freeware that you acquire at third party websites. Whichever way it would be, the point is that you allow for Television Fanatic Toolbar to be installed on your PC yourself.
What does Television Fanatic Toolbar do?
Unfortunately, although the toolbar itself is not malicious, its functionality is highly questionable. And the most disturbing fact about the plugin is that with the full setup your default home page and search engine are changed to Conduit Search. What is more, if you go through the installation process automatically, you can also end up installing TuneUp Utilities 2013 on your PC as well. TuneUp Utilities 2013 is a computer optimization program, but it is not recommended to keep it on your computer either.
Another security issue with Television Fanatic Toolbar is that it may display various pop-up advertisements that interfere with your browsing process and could eventually expose you to malware infections.
How to remove Television Fanatic Toolbar?
In order to protect yourself from possible personal information leaks and malware infections that could make use of Television Fanatic Toolbar as a vehicle for malware distribution, it is for the best to remove Television Fanatic Toolbar right now. Simply follow the instructions below to uninstall the plugin via Control Panel.
Manual Television Fanatic Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Television Fanatic Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Television Fanatic Toolbar.
- Click Start menu button and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Television Fanatic Toolbar.
Remove Conduit Search
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Click Use Default button under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Press Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Television Fanatic Customized Web Search.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages, remove search.conduit.com, enter a new home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine; remove Television Fanatic Customized Web Search and press Done.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab click Restore to Default button and press OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines from drop-down menu.
- Remove Television Fanatic Customized Web Search from the list. Click OK.
You may also need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect and you should seriously consider scanning your PC with SpyHunter scanner, because there could be other potentially dangerous programs in your system that you are not aware of. Keep your computer safe and clean.
tested removal of Television Fanatic toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and